- Language: English
- Published: February 2012
- Region: Global
Nutritional Supplements - Edition 2010
- ID: 1300859
- August 2010
- 56 Pages
- Ken Research Private Limited
The present report analyses Human nutrition and health industry with detailed description of industry segments. Report covers global industry size, segmentation by products such as: vitamins and dietary supplements, Pediatric nutrition, sports nutrition, Herbal supplements, Dairy industry and Infant milk formula market. In segmentation by geography; countries covered in the report are: United States, Europe (United Kingdom), Asia (China and India). We have also analysed the global industry forecasted value to access the opportunities present in the market. There are many factors helping the industry growth of which few are mentioned in the report. Also industry trends help to understand the demand, for example: what is the impact of recession over consumption of supplements.
- Vitemins and Dietary supplements
- Nutritional supplements
- Herbal supplements and Medicated Skin care
- Whey protein
- Dairy industry
1. Global Nutritional Supplement Industry
1.1 Industry Overview
1.2 Distribution Channels
1.3 Value Chain Analysis
1.4 Market Size: Human Nutrition and Health Industry
2. Industry Segmentation
2.1 Vitamins and Dietary Supplements
2.2 Pediatric Nutrition
2.3 Sports Nutrition Products
2.4 Worldwide Vitamins Demand Forecast
3. United States Nutrition Supplements Industry
3.1 Market Size
3.1.1 U.S. Vitamin D market and Forecast
3.1.2 U.S. Herbal Supplement Demand
3.2 Latin America
4. Europe Nutrition Supplements Industry
4.1 Market Size
4.2 Vitamins Demand in United Kingdom
5. Asia Nutrition Supplements Industry
5.1 Market Size
5.2 China Demand and Opportunities
5.2.1 Regulatory Environment and Scope for New Entrants
5.2.2 Dairy Industry in China
5.2.3 Infant Milk Formula Market
6. Industry Driving Forces
6.1 Growing Number of Baby Boomers
6.2 Changing Lifestyle
6.3 Increasing Focus on Weight Management
6.4 Rising Hospital Admissions
6.5 Rising Per Capita Income
7. Industry Trends
7.1 Regulatory Environment
7.2 Opportunity in Asian and African Markets
7.3 Rising Consumer Interest with Healthcare Awareness
7.4 Impact of Economic recession over consumption habits
7.5 Private Label Vitamins-Economical Way of Healthy Lifestyle
7.6 Rise of Vitamin C Prices
7.7 The Indian Herbal Industry-Demand and Opportunities
7.8 Demand for Whey Protein
8. Industry Players: Competition
8.1 Global Market Share
8.2 Competitors in United States
8.2.1 Major Players in Infant Nutrition Segment in United States
9. Players Profiling
9.1 Atrium Innovations
9.1.1 Business Description
9.1.2 Key Financials
9.1.3 Major Developments
9.2 NBTY Inc.
9.2.1 Business Description
9.2.2 Key Financials
9.2.3 Major Developments
9.3 Glanbia Plc.
9.3.1 Company Overview
9.3.2 Key Financials
9.3.3 Major Developments
List of Tables:
- Main Vitamins and Uses / Applications
- Leading Dietary supplement sales in 2008
- Vitamins Sales by Volume in 2008
- Vitamins and Minerals Sub-segments Retail Sales by Value in 2008
- Top Selling Herbal Dietary Supplements in the Fiid, Drug and Mass Market channel in the United States (2008)
- Herb Sales by Channel in US (2007 & 2008)
- Retail Value for Vitamins/Minerals in Latin America (comparison 02-07)
- Vitamin and Supplement Brands by Value (2007&2008)
- Indian Herbal Industry Market by Value (2009&2015E)
- Key Vitamin Suppliers
- Company Ranking by Worldwide Market Share
- Top Selling Sports Nutrition Brands in North America
- Glanbia Revenues by Business Segments (2008&2009)
- List of Figures:
- Nutritional Supplements Market Worldwide (2002-2009)
- Global Supplement Industry Sales by Region in 2008
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Industry Segments in 2008
- Main vitamin end-markets in 2007
- Global Pediatric Nutrition Industry (2003-2012E)
- Global Pediatric Nutrition Industry Categorization and Size for 2009
- Pediatric Nutrition Market by Geography in 2009
- Sports Nutrition Supplements Market (2007-2008)
- Global Protein Ingredient Market (2010-2015 estimates)
- Nutritional Supplements Retail Sales (1998-2009)
- Sports Nutrition and Weight Loss category Sales by Segments in 2007
- US Vitamin D Market by Value (2009-2014E)
- US Population with Vitamin D Deficient Tested (2010E-2014E)
- US Herb Sales Market by Value (1998-2009)
- Europe Market for Dietary Supplements in 2007
- Europe Pro-biotic Market by Value (2008 and 2015E)
- Classes of Complementary Medicines in Australia
- Vitamins and Minerals Sales (2003-2008)
- Nutrition Supplement Purchase Behaviour in 2008
- China Amino-based Nutritional Supplement Market (2003-2009)
- Number of Amino-based Nutritional Supplements Approved by the SFDA (2003-2009)
- China Dairy Market Size (2004-2009)
- China Infant Milk Formula Market by Value (2005-2014E)
- Worldwide Number of Aging Population (55 to 80+) in billions
- U.S. Health Insurance Premium Trends (1999-2007)
- U.S. Health Club Membership (1999-2009)
- Hospital Admissions in United States 2007
- US Nutritional Supplements Players Market Share in 2008
- Atrium Innovations Results (2005-2009) (US$ millions)
- NBTY Inc, Third Quarter 2010 Results (US$ millions)
The present report analyses Human nutrition and health industry with detailed description of industry segments. Report covers global industry size, segmentation by products such as: vitamins and dietary supplements, Pediatric nutrition, sports nutrition, Herbal supplements, Dairy industry and Infant milk formula market. In segmentation by geography; countries covered in the report are: United States, Europe (United Kingdom), Asia (China and India). We have also analysed the global industry forecasted value to access the opportunities present in the market. There are many factors helping the industry growth of which few are mentioned in the report. Also industry trends help to understand the demand, for example: what is the impact of recession over consumption of supplements. Here we have also discussed the competition prevailing in the market and profiled major players (Atrium Innovations, NBTY Inc. and Glanbia plc.
Why to purchase this report:
- This report covers major geographies with a focus on global nutrition and dietary supplements industry.
- There is detailed industry segment analysis.
- Trends helps to understand which product is on demand and what is the impact of economy over healthcare spending?
- There is future forecasting of the industry based on many variables.
- Here we have also profiled major companies, including their business overview, financial analysis and recent developments.
- The dietary and nutritional supplement market generated US$~ billion in sales worldwide in 2009. The market is expected to reach US$~ billion in 2010; where multivitamins make up a major portion of this market.
- Sports nutrition and speciality supplements are the two fastest growing segments of the VMS industry and further these segments are offering high growth opportunities.
- In 2009, Pediatric nutrition market reached to US$~ billion as compared to US$~ billion sales in 2003 and further 23.47% growth is expected through 2012.
- Currently the United States generates the majority of global sales, Western Europe is second, and Japan third. However, China is expected to outpace Japan and other growing markets include Brazil, India, and Eastern Europe.
- In 2009, U.S. dietary supplements industry reached to US$~ billion as compared to US$~ billion in 2003 with a CAGR of 3.17%. There was a slight drop in growth in 2009 as compared to 2008 results but despite of difficult economic situation in year 2008 & 2009 this segment performed well.
- In recent time, demand for vitamin D is high and reached to US$~ million in 2009 with a double digit growth rate led by rising number of heart cases, cancer, diabetes and other health issues.
- The European prebiotics market is diversifying and expanding in both importance and value throughout the food and beverage industry, with several exciting developments in infant formula products, dairy and beverages
- In China, the economic conditions are continuously improving resultant rising disposable income, which has supported urbanization and improved standard of living.
- Infant milk formula market is one of the strongest segments in the China dairy industry, accounting for US$4.1 billion with a CAGR of 18.03% (2005-2009) and this growth rate is expected to sustain further despite the melamine crisis in late 2008.
- The Indian herbal industry will grow rapidly in the coming years and by 2015, it is expected that the size of the domestic market will rise to US$~ billion, reflecting a compound growth rate of over 20 percent.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Becton- Dickinson & Company