3Q10 Pakistan Mobile Operator Forecast, 2010 - 2014
- ID: 1300912
- August 2010
- Region: Pakistan
- 118 pages
- IE Market Research Corp
Mobile Operator Forecast on Pakistan provides over 50 operational and financial metrics for Pakistan’s wireless market and is one of the best forecasts in the industry. We provide five-year forecasts at the operator level going out to 2014. We also provide quarterly historical and forecast data starting in 1Q2003 and ending in 1Q2012. Operators covered for Pakistan include: Mobilink (Pakistan Mobile Communications Limited), Ufone GSM, China Mobile Pakistan (ZONG), Telenor ASA, and Warid Telecom International. Our Mobile Operator Forecasts are updated quarterly and are available for one-time delivery or through regular updates.
Global Mobile Operator Forecast covers 50 operational metrics of 200+ mobile operators in 50+ countries, making up 80% of the world’s population. Our forecasts are based on our proprietary, country-specific forecasting models. These models deploy multiple regression analysis and cross-impact matrices that estimate relationships between subscriber data, technology use and deployment data, overall economic and demographic changes expected in a particular country; and relate these to company operational and financial metrics.
Companies Covered in this Country Mobile Operator Forecast
Mobilink (Pakistan Mobile Communications Limited)
China Mobile Pakistan (ZONG)
Warid Telecom International
Annual Results & Forecasts for each of the above operators is covered in this report for: CY 2001-CY 2014. Quarterly Results & Forecasts are covered for: March 2003 - March 2012
PREPAID AND POSTPAID SUBSCRIBERS
SUBSCRIBER GROWTH (YoY)
SUBSCRIBERS BY OPERATOR
SUBSCRIBER GROWTH BY OPERATOR (YoY)
NET SUBSCRIBER ADDS BY OPERATOR
NET SUBSCRIBER ADDS GROWTH BY OPERATOR
MONTHLY CHURN BY OPERATOR --
POST-PAID SUBSCRIBERS BY OPERATOR ----
POST-PAID SUBSCRIBER GROWTH BY OPERATOR (YoY) ----
PREPAID/WHOLESALE SUBSCRIBERS BY OPERATOR ----
PREPAID/WHOLESALE SUBSCRIBER GROWTH BY OPERATOR ----
POST-PAID % OF TOTAL SUBSCRIBERS BY OPERATOR ----
PREPAID/WHOLESALE % OF TOTAL SUBSCRIBERS BY OPERATOR ----
POST-PAID NET ADDS BY OPERATOR ----
POST-PAID ADDS GROWTH BY OPERATOR (YoY) ----
PREPAID/WHOLESALE NET ADDS BY OPERATOR ----
PREPAID/WHOLESALE ADDS GROWTH BY OPERATOR ----
MONTHLY ARPU BY OPERATOR
MONTHLY ARPU GROWTH BY OPERATOR (YoY %)
DATA % OF SERVICE REVENUES BY OPERATOR -
MONTHLY DATA ARPU BY OPERATOR -
DATA ARPU GROWTH BY OPERATOR (YoY) -
MONTHLY VOICE ARPU BY OPERATOR
VOICE ARPU GROWTH BY OPERATOR (YoY)
VOICE REVENUE PER MINUTE BY OPERATOR ---
VOICE REVENUE PER MINUTE GROWTH BY OPERATOR (YoY) ---
MOU PER SUBSCRIBER BY OPERATOR (MINUTES/MONTH) ---
MOU/SUBSCRIBER GROWTH BY OPERATOR (YoY %) ---
SHARE OF TOTAL SUBSCRIBERS BY OPERATOR
HHI INDEX BY SUBSCRIBER SHARE
SHARE OF NET ADDS BY OPERATOR
SHARE OF POST-PAID NET ADDS BY OPERATOR ----
SHARE OF PREPAID/WHOLESALE NET ADDS BY OPERATOR ----
SHARE OF SERVICE REVENUE BY OPERATOR
HHI INDEX BY SERVICE REVENUE SHARE
YoY CHANGE IN REVENUE SHARE BY OPERATOR
REPORTED REVENUE BY OPERATOR (REPORTING CURRENCY)
SERVICE REVENUE BY OPERATOR (REPORTING CURRENCY)
EBITDA BY OPERATOR (REPORTING CURRENCY) ---
CAPEX BY OPERATOR (REPORTING CURRENCY) -
SERVICE REVENUE GROWTH BY OPERATOR (YoY)
EBITDA GROWTH BY OPERATOR (YoY) ---
EBITDA/REPORTED REVENUE BY OPERATOR ---
EBITDA/SERVICE REVENUE BY OPERATOR ---
EBITDA/INCREMENTAL SERVICE REVENUE BY OPERATOR ---
CAPEX/REPORTED REVENUE BY OPERATOR -
CAPEX/SERVICE REVENUE BY OPERATOR -
(EBITDA-CAPEX)/REPORTED REVENUE BY OPERATOR -
EBITDA MARGIN EXPANSION/CONTRACTION BY OPERATOR ---
REPORTED REVENUE BY OPERATOR (USD)
ARPU BY OPERATOR (USD)
DATA ARPU BY OPERATOR (USD) -
VOICE REV/MINUTE BY OPERATOR (USD) ---
SERVICE REVENUE BY OPERATOR (USD)
EBITDA BY OPERATOR (USD) ---
CAPEX BY OPERATOR (USD) -
- Not available for this country forecast
-- Available only for Mobilink
--- Available only for Mobilink and Telenor
---- Available only for Mobilink, Ufone, and Warid
Subscriber growth is slowing down in Pakistan's wireless market
+5.8% industry average subscriber growth in 1Q.2010
• Industry average subscriber growth (YoY) in Pakistan was 5.8% in 1Q.2010, down from 10.9% in 1Q.2009.
• Mobilink, the largest mobile network operator in Pakistan, saw its subscriber growth rate (YoY) improve from -11.1% in 1Q.2009 to 11.6% in 1Q.2010.
• Subscriber growth rates (YoY) at Telenor and China Mobile Pakistan (Zong) were strong at 16.5% and 15.0% respectively in 1Q.2010 while Ufone's subscriber growth rate was -4.0%.
ARPUs continue to decrease in Pakistan's mobile operator space
-2.8% operator-wide average ARPU growth in 1Q.2010
• The industry average ARPU growth was -2.8% in 1Q.2010, up from -20.8% in 1Q.2009.
• Mobilink's monthly ARPU remains the highest among operators at US$ 2.83 in 1Q.2010 (down -6.1% from US$ 3.02 in 1Q.2009).
• China Mobile Pakistan (Zong) saw its monthly ARPU increase to approximately US$ 1.84 in 1Q.2010, up +13.0% YoY.
Minutes of Use per Subscriber continue rising at Mobilink and Telenor
+11.0% industry average MOU/Sub growth in 1Q.2010
• The industry average Minutes of Use per Subscriber (MOU/Sub) reached 192 minutes per month in 1Q.2010, up +11.0% from 173 minutes in 1Q.2009.
• At Mobilink, MOU/Sub was 203 minutes per month in 1Q.2010, up +9.1% from 186 minutes in 1Q.2009.
• On the other hand, Telenor's MOU/Sub has been increasing for over the past four quarters. Its MOU/Sub reached 178 minutes per month in 1Q.2010, up +14.8% YoY.
Strong EBITDA growth at both Mobilink and Telenor in the latest quarter
Industry average EBITDA growth was +21.9% in 1Q.2010
• Telenor's EBITDA growth (YoY) rose to 46.9% in 1Q.2010, up from 1.1% in 1Q.2010.
• Mobilink's EBITDA growth (YoY) also improved significantly from -41.2% in 1Q.2009 to 12.9% in 1Q.2010.
So what is IEMR’s Forecast?
Total wireless subscriber connections in Pakistan to reach 136.4 million in 2014
• The wireless penetration rate is still low in Pakistan at 59.1% in 1Q.2010, and we expect that the country's wireless market will continue to grow rapidly. Our model forecasts that the number of total mobile subscriber connections in Pakistan will increase from 97.6 million in 2009 to approximately 136.4 million in 2014.
• Mobilink will continue to be the largest player in Pakistan’s mobile operator space over the next five years. We forecast that Mobilink will have approximately 44.7 million mobile subscriber connections in 2014.
• Also, our model predicts that Telenor will have 32.2 million, Ufone will have 26 million, and Warid will have 23 million mobile subscriber connections by the end of 2014.
Mobilink's market share will be increasing slightly from 2010 to 2014
• In terms of shares of total subscribers, our model predicts that Mobilink will see its market share increase from 31.6% in 2009 to approximately 32.8% in 2014.
• We also forecast that market shares at China Mobile (Zong), Telenor, and Warid will be approximately 7.6%, 23.6% and 16.9% respectively by the end of 2014.
Monthly ARPUs will remain at US$2 - US$3 in Pakistan's wireless market over the next five years
• ARPU levels remain low in Pakistan's mobile operator space. We expect that the industry average monthly ARPU will continue to be between US$2 - US$3 over the next five years.
• Our model forecasts that, in 2014, Mobilink's monthly ARPU will be the highest among operators at US$ 2.90. On the other hand, we expect that Warid's monthly ARPU will remain at about US$1.80 over the forecast period, 2010 - 2014.
Mobilink will continue to enjoy higher level of profitability than Telenor over the next eight quarters
• We expect that Mobilink's EBITDA margin (calculated as EBITDA / service revenue) will remain at approximately 37% over the next eight quarters.
• On the other hand, we expect that EBITDA margin of Norway's Telenor in Pakistan will remain at about 25% over the next two years.