- Language: English
- Published: August 2014
DrugPatentWatch Premium Plan
- Published: August 2014
- thinkBiotech LLC
DrugPatentWatch provides information on drug patents and their expirations. Datasets include Paragraph IV challenges, tentative approval (an indicator of generic entry), patent claim types, annual sales, patent expirations, failure to pay maintenance fees, ex parte and inter partes reexamination, interference, and disclaimers. Complete details are provided for all FDA-approved small molecule drugs. Annual sales information is available for top-selling drugs. This value-added information supports the critical business functions of patent agents and attorneys, pharmaceutical companies, wholesalers, healthcare payers, and investors.
The Premium Plan provides comprehensive information on all FDA-approved pharmaceutical drugs - discontinued and active, with and without patent protection or other forms of market exclusivity.
Information on failure to pay patent maintenance fees, ex parte and inter partes reexaminations, interferences, and disclaimers, can help predict when patents will be delisted, months in advance.
Paragraph IV listings indicate which drugs are facing patent challenges, and can help predict early generic entry.
A historical archive, exclusively offered by DrugPatentWatch, helps you identify the expired patents that once covered specific pharmaceutical drugs.
This Premium Plan helps you collect of competitive intelligence on pharamceutical companies, and full-text patents can help you determine the best methods to produce specific pharmaceutical drugs.
A monthly patent expiration bulletin provides advance notice of impending patent expirations.
The Premium Plan builds on the Basic Plan by adding patent maintenance, reexamination, interference, disclaimers, Paragraph IV challenges, a historical patent expiration archive, expanded search abilities, sales information for the top 200 selling pharmaceutical drugs, full-text patent PDF downloads, and thousands of graphs profiling patent trends, top patent holders, and top drug producers. The Ultimate Plan adds the ability to export search results.
The Premium Plan is designed to answer the following questions:
- Which patents cover specific pharmaceutical drugs?
- What types of claims does each drug patent cover?
- When do key pharmaceutical drug patents expire?
- Which patents face impending expiration due to failure to pay maintenance fees?
- Which patents risk invalidation due to reexamination?
- Which patents have suffered adverse decisions in interference?
- Which patents have been subject to disclaimer?
- Which drugs are subject to Paragraph IV challenges?
- How do pharmaceutical companies manufacture their pharmaceutical drugs?
- What patenting strategies are pharmaceutical companies using?
- What are the annual sales (top-200 selling pharmaceutical drugs listed) of drugs?
- Which companies produce the most pharmaceutical drugs?
- Which companies have the most active patents?
- What patent expiration trends does the industry face? SHOW LESS READ MORE >
Sales data (top 200-selling drugs)
Impending patent expirations
Patent expiration date
Patent title and abstract
Pediatric exclusivity extensions
Paragraph IV challenges
Download full-text patent PDF
Patent claim types (use, compound, formulation, etc.)
Search by applicant name
Search by approval date
Search by branded name
Search by generic name
Search by NDA Number
Search by patent number
Search by therapeutic class
Search by dosage type
Tenative approvals (an indicator of generic entrants)