• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Herpes Simplex Viruses
Informa Healthcare, September 2005, Pages: 440
Studying the epidemiology, identification, pathogenesis and clinical features of diseases associated with herpes simplex viruses, this important reference evaluates the latest treatment regimens, mechanisms of immune response and evasion, and research related to vaccines for the prevention and reduction of HSV outbreaks.
Covering the basic virology relevant to the understanding of disease manifestations, Herpes Simplex Viruses analyzes:
- the evolution of HSV infections
- recent clinical trials using new and emerging pharmaceuticals, as well as new treatments for HSV
- prognoses and management schemes for different disease manifestations of HSV
- well-known diseases such as gingivostomatitis and recurrent labial infection, HSV infections of the skin, acute and recurrent genital infection, and ocular infection
- diseases recently associated with HSV such as paresis of the facial nerve.
Understanding and Diagnosing HSV. Evolution of Herpes Simplex Virus Infections. Immune Evasion and HSV Vaccine. Natural Course of Herpes Simplex Virus Infection and Epidemiology. Pathogenesis. Diagnostics. Disease Manifestations of HSV and Treatment. Antiviral Treatment. Primary Gingivostomatitis and Recurrent Oral Infection. Herpes Virus Infections of the Skin. Acute and Recurrent Genital Herpes Virus Infection. Herpes Simplex Virus Infections of the Eye. Herpes Simplex Encephalitis. Herpes Simplex Meningo/Radiculo/Myelitis. Facial Paresis. Herpes Simplex Virus Infections of the Immunosuppressed Patient. Neonatal and Congenital Herpes Simplex Infection. Future Therapeutics. Future Outlook
Marie Studahl Goteborg University, Sweden.
Paola Cinque San Raffaele Hospital, Milan, Italy.
Tomas Bergstrom Goteberg University, Sweden.