• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
High Risk Diabetic Foot. Treatment and Prevention
Informa Healthcare, August 2010, Pages: 400
Emphasizing a team approach that includes the practicing podiatrist, endocrinologist, diabetologist, vascular surgeon, orthopedist, and infectious disease specialist, The High Risk Diabetic Foot provides a thorough and detailed resource on the management of complex diabetic foot problems. This comprehensive text is an essential tool that will enable physicians to reduce infections and amputations through careful examination, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention.
Key features in The High Risk Diabetic Foot include:
- A full section devoted to the prevention of amputation
- High-quality images for accurate diagnosis
- Chapters organized by epidemiology, classification and staging, diagnosis, special studies, and medical and surgical management
- Summary tables and flow charts for quick reference
- A discussion of the co-morbidities associated with diabetic foot pathology, including sensory neuropathy, painful neuropathy, peripheral vascular disease, food wounds, and more
- Identification of the level of medical evidence associated with treatment recommendations
1. The Painless Foot.
2. Painful Neuropathy.
3. Clinical and Vascular Laboratory Assessment of Peripheral Vascular Disease.
4. Open Arterial Reconstruction of the Diabetic Foot.
5. Epidemiology of Peripheral Vascular Disease and Associated Risk Factor.
6. The Medical Management of Peripheral Vascular Disease.
7. Radiologic Imaging in Diabetes.
8. Endovascular Management of Peripheral Vascular Disease.
9. Foot Wounds.
11. Surgery to heal wounds.
12. Soft Tissue and Bone Infections.
13. Charcot's Arthropathy.
15. Psychosocial Aspects of the Diabetic Foot.
17. Impact of Specialty Clinics.
Lawrence A. Lavery