• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
The World Market for Magnetic Flowmeters, 4th Edition
Flow Research, Inc, May 2010
This comprehensive analysis of the magnetic flowmeter market is built upon a data foundation that the authors have built over many years of conducting research worldwide. We believe this study is the most comprehensive analysis of the magnetic flowmeter market ever available.
They had completed three previous editions on this subject in 2001, 2003, and 2005 before this study was begun. The authors decided to expand the research to include new product segmentations. They launched a Founding Sponsor program to support this new research, and this program resulted in new segmentation not included in earlier editions. More than fifty magnetic flowmeter manufacturers were asked to reply to the study questionnaire, and the response rate was high. As a result, we have a high confidence level in the results of our findings. Described below are the eight major study areas that are covered in detail in this new research:
The Eight Major Study Areas
- Geography: Worldwide and by seven regions (North America, Europe, China, Japan, Rest of Asia, Middle East/Africa, Latin America
- Market Size: Worldwide and by the seven regions
- Market Shares: Worldwide and by region for leading producers, and by technology type
- Average Selling Price: Worldwide and regional price data
- Technology: There are ten individual technology segmentations
- Competitive Strategies: Winning strategies are discussed and detailed
- Industries and Applications: Where and how magnetic flowmeters are used today and where they will be used tomorrow
- Distribution Methods / Customer Types: Statistical analysis of magnetic flowmeter distribution, and the end-users buying them
The 2008 worldwide magnetic flowmeter market is valued at $1,060,000,000. This is a large market, and getting larger. This study forecasts the size of this growth on annual basis through 2013. Below are some of the ways you will be better prepared to succeed in this market:
- Prices for magnetic flowmeters have been coming down in recent years. This study gives you the average selling prices for these devices worldwide and by all seven regions.
- Magnetic flowmeters are available as wafer, flanged, and insertion models. This study tells you the units shipped and revenues for each type, and where the growth is and why.
- Communication protocols have become more sophisticated. This study describes the trends that will make fieldbus technology more desirable to users than ever before.
- Two-wire technology recently joined four-wire technology in the market - and now wireless and battery technologies are entering the field. This study reviews the latest developments.
- Coil power types have traditionally included AC and DC. High strength DC has gained share of market, while dual-frequency DC is also a player. This study paints the whole picture.
- Important industries such as water & wastewater and food & beverage are looked at in great detail, and other applications such as sanitary/hygienic are statistically analyzed.
- This study identifies the industries and applications where magnetic flowmeters are used, and identifies the high growth and low growth market sectors.
This study also covers critical product areas such as accuracy levels, line sizes, liner types, customer types, and distribution channels. In addition, complete company profiles are included for 49 (forty-nine) magnetic flowmeter manufacturers worldwide, and an entire chapter is devoted to product profiles of the 30 most important producers. We believe the industry coverage here is the most thorough ever available.
The study achieves multiple purposes:
- To determine market size and market shares for magnetic flowmeters worldwide and by geographic region.
- To forecast market growth in magnetic flowmeters through 2013.
- To understand the impact of new trends such as wireless, 2-wire, SIL Type, and advanced diagnostics on the magnetic flowmeter market.
- To identify industries and applications where magnetic flowmeters are used.
- To better understand the interaction of other new-technology flowmeters (ultrasonic, Coriolis, vortex, thermal) with magnetic flowmeters.
- To provide strategies to manufacturers for selling into the magnetic flowmeter market.
To provide company profiles of the main suppliers of magnetic flowmeters.
Wafer, flanged, insertion
Multivariable vs. Single Variable
Smart vs. conventional
Coil power types (AC, DC, high-strength DC, dual frequency DC)
Remote vs. compact (integral) configuration
2-wire, 4-wire, wireless/battery
Line sizes (less than 1/2 inch to over 78 inches)
Foundation Fieldbus, Profibus DP, Profibus PA, HART, Modbus, DeviceNet, Serial, and Other communication protocols