Comcast Corporation (CMCSA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ID: 1315026
- April 2015
- 39 pages
Comcast Corporation (CMCSA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by The publisher to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Comcast Corporation (Comcast) is a global media and technology company. It operates with two primary businesses, Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal. The company provides cable television, internet and phone services. It also provides broad range of entertainment and communication products and services. The various services offered by the company include video services, internet services, Voice over Internet Protocol, regional sports networks and various other channels. The company serves residential and commercial customers. Comcast offers its services across the US. Comcast is headquartered in Philadelphia, the US.
The company's strategic aim is to enhance its existing operations through partnerships. In line with the strategy, Comcast NBCUniversal has partnered with Boys & Girls Clubs of America, to offer youth an opportunity to experience the behind-the-scenes excitement of a NASCAR XFINITY Series race.
Comcast Corporation Key Recent Developments
Jul 23, 2013: Comcast Launches XFINITY Home Control In Michigan
Jun 10, 2013: Comcast Cable Launches New Xfinity Home Control And Energy Management Service
Jun 06, 2013: Comcast and Osram Sylvania Announce Agreement To Bring Remote Controlled Smart Light Bulbs To Xfinity Home Platform
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company SHOW LESS READ MORE >
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
Comcast Corporation - Key Facts
Comcast Corporation - Key Employees
Comcast Corporation - Key Employee Biographies
Comcast Corporation - Major Products and Services
Comcast Corporation - History
Comcast Corporation - Company Statement
Comcast Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Comcast Corporation - Business Description
Comcast Corporation - Corporate Strategy
Comcast Corporation - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Comcast Corporation - Strengths
Strength - Improved Cable Communications Segment
Strength - Strong Network
Strength - Improved Top-line Performance
Comcast Corporation - Weaknesses
Weakness - Dependence on Cable Communications
Weakness - Patent Infringement
Comcast Corporation - Opportunities
Opportunity - Expanding Entertainment & Media Industry
Opportunity - Positive Outlook for VoIP
Opportunity - Strategic Growth Initiatives
Comcast Corporation - Threats
Threat - Competitive Pressure
Threat - Government Regulations
Threat - Rapid Technological Changes
Comcast Corporation - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Comcast Corporation, Recent Deals Summary
Section 4 – Company’s Recent Developments
Sep 18, 2014: Comcast Announces Ongoing Water-Saving Initiative In California
Section 5 – Appendix
List of Tables
Comcast Corporation, Key Facts
Comcast Corporation, Key Employees
Comcast Corporation, Key Employee Biographies
Comcast Corporation, Major Products and Services
Comcast Corporation, History
Comcast Corporation, Subsidiaries
Comcast Corporation, Key Competitors
Comcast Corporation, Ratios based on current share price
Comcast Corporation, Annual Ratios
Comcast Corporation, Interim Ratios
Comcast Corporation, Recent Deals Summary
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
Comcast Corporation, Performance Chart (2010 - 2014)
Comcast Corporation, Ratio Charts
Time Warner Cable Inc.
DISH Network Corporation
The DIRECTV Group, Inc.
Qwest Communications International Inc.
Verizon Communications Inc.