- Published: October 2011
- Region: China
China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation (600028) - Financial and Strategic Analysis Review
- ID: 1315078
- August 2010
- Region: China
- 41 pages
China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation (Sinopec) is a vertically integrated energy and chemical company. The company along with its subsidiaries is engaged in the exploration for and development, production and trading of crude oil and natural gas; processing of crude oil into refined oil products; production of refined oil products and trading, transportation, distribution and marketing of refined oil products; and production, distribution and trading of petrochemical products, chemical fibers, chemical fertilizers and other chemical products; and storage and pipeline transportation of crude oil and natural gas.
China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation Key Recent Developments
Aug 24, 2010 Sinopec To Expand Capacity Of Yangzi Refinery In Eastern China
Aug 20, 2010 Sinopec Reports Net Profit Of RMB37.35 Billion For H1 2010
Aug 20, 2010 Sinopec Restarts Drilling Operations At Southwest China Region After Rainstorm
Aug 19, 2010 Sinopec Plans To Build Coal-Based Methanol-To-Olefin Plant In China
Aug 19, 2010 Sinopec Commences Operations At First LNG Service Station In Guizhou Province, China
This comprehensive SWOT profile of China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation provides you an in-depth strategic analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including,
- Business description - A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis - A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years - The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods - The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note-: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Key benefits of buying this profile include,
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
-The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered
in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation - Key Facts
China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation - Key Employees
China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation - Key Employee Biographies
China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation - Major Products and Services
China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation - History
China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation - Company Statement
China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 - Company Analysis
China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation - Business Description
Business Description - Chemicals
Chemicals - Overview
Chemicals - Production
Chemicals - Financials
Chemicals - Capital Expenditure
Chemicals - Key Strategies
Business Description - Corporate and Others
Corporate and Others - Overview
Corporate and Others - Financials
Corporate and Others - Capital Expenditure
Business Description - Exploration and Production
Exploration and Production - Overview
Exploration and Production - Production
Exploration and Production - Financials
Exploration and Production - Capital Expenditure
Exploration and Production - Key Strategies
Business Description - Marketing and Distribution
Marketing and Distribution - Overview
Marketing and Distribution - Production
Marketing and Distribution - Financials
Marketing and Distribution - Capital Expenditure
Marketing and Distribution - Key Strategies
Business Description - Refining
Refining - Overview
Refining - Production
Refining - Financials
Refining - Capital Expenditure
Refining - Market View
Refining - Key Strategies
China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation- Corporate Strategy
China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation - Strengths
Strength - Efficient Use of Resources
Strength - Robust Research & Development
Strength - Strong Refining and Marketing Activities
China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation - Weaknesses
Weakness - Limited Geographical Presence
Weakness - Declining Market Share in Sector
Weakness - High Dependence on External Crude Oil Supplies
China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation - Opportunities
Opportunity - Acquisition of Overseas Upstream Assets
Opportunity - Africa - Attractive Destination for Chemical Firms
Opportunity - Growth in Oil and Gas Demand
Opportunity - Growing Demand for Refined Products
Opportunity - Major Projects
China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation - Threats
Threat - Government Regulations
Threat - China's Entry into WTO
Threat - Rising Petrochemical Capacity in the Middle East
China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation - Key Competitors
Section 3 - Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 - Company’s Recent Developments
Aug 24, 2010: Sinopec To Expand Capacity Of Yangzi Refinery In Eastern China
Aug 20, 2010: Sinopec Reports Net Profit Of RMB37.35 Billion For H1 2010
Aug 20, 2010: Sinopec Restarts Drilling Operations At Southwest China Region After Rainstorm
Aug 19, 2010: Sinopec Plans To Build Coal-Based Methanol-To-Olefin Plant In China
Aug 19, 2010: Sinopec Commences Operations At First LNG Service Station In Guizhou Province, China
Aug 19, 2010: Sinopec's Yangtze Petrochemical Starts Overhaul At 650,000t/y Ethylene Unit
Aug 17, 2010: Sinopec's Baling Petrochemical Starts Building 120,000t/y Styrene Project
Aug 17, 2010: Sinopec Supplies Accumulative 1 Bcm Gas To PetroChina's Pipeline
Aug 09, 2010: Biorem Receives New Order From Sinopec In China
Aug 05, 2010: Sinopec Nears Completion Of Changling Refinery Expansion Project
Section 5 - Appendix
CNPC (Hong Kong) Limited
China Oilfield Services Limited
Strong Petrochemical Holdings Ltd
PetroChina Company Limited