• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Danisco AS (DCO) - Financial and Strategic Analysis Review
GlobalData, August 2010, Pages: 38
Danisco A/S (Danisco) is leading in food ingredients enzymes and bio-based solutions business. It is engaged in the development, production and sale of food ingredients, sugar and industrial bio-products. Its product portfolio includes colors, emulsifiers, textural ingredients, cultures, enzymes and antioxidants, sweeteners, animal nutrition, sugar, flavors and fragrances. In addition, Danisco also offers freeze-dried, frozen and liquid cultures that are used in fresh fermented milks, dried and semi-dried sausages, confectionary, beverages, cheese and dietary supplements. The company principally provides products and services to food, non-food sectors and beverage industries.
Danisco AS Key Recent Developments
Apr 16, 2010 Danisco, Fonterra Continue Probiotic Alliance
Mar 18, 2010 Danisco Q3 Revenues Up
Mar 18, 2010 Danisco Reports Revenues Of DKK3.3 Million In Q3 Fiscal 2010
Feb 22, 2010 Danisco Cultures Doubles Freeze-Drying Capacity
Jan 18, 2010 Danisco, Arla Team Up For Infant Formula Research
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Danisco AS provides you an in-depth strategic analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including,
- Business description - A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis - A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years - The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods - The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note-: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Key benefits of buying this profile include,
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
-The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered
in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
Danisco A/S - Key Facts
Danisco A/S - Key Employees
Danisco A/S - Key Employee Biographies
Danisco A/S - Major Products and Services
Danisco A/S - History
Danisco A/S - Company Statement
Danisco A/S - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 - Company Analysis
Danisco A/S - Business Description
Danisco A/S- Corporate Strategy
Danisco A/S - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Danisco A/S - Strengths
Strength - Increase in Revenues
Strength - Strong Growth Prospects
Strength - Wide Geographical Presence
Strength - Diversified Product Portfolio
Strength - Strong Research & Development Activities
Danisco A/S - Weaknesses
Weakness - Declining Market Share in Sector
Weakness - Limited Liquidity Position
Weakness - Complex Supply Chain
Weakness - Low Return on Equity
Danisco A/S - Opportunities
Opportunity - Growing Demand for Ethanol
Opportunity - Investments into Joint Ventures
Opportunity - Increasing Health Consciousness
Opportunity - Strategic Acquisitions and Partnerships
Danisco A/S - Threats
Threat - Rising Input Costs
Threat - Intense Competition
Threat - Stringent Government Regulations
Danisco A/S - Key Competitors
Section 3 - Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 - Company’s Recent Developments
Apr 16, 2010: Danisco, Fonterra Continue Probiotic Alliance
Mar 18, 2010: Danisco Q3 Revenues Up
Mar 18, 2010: Danisco Reports Revenues Of DKK3.3 Million In Q3 Fiscal 2010
Feb 22, 2010: Danisco Cultures Doubles Freeze-Drying Capacity
Jan 18, 2010: Danisco, Arla Team Up For Infant Formula Research
Dec 16, 2009: Danisco Q2 Revenue Decreases To DKK3.2 billion
Dec 16, 2009: Danisco Reports Profit Of DKK233 Million In Q2 Fiscal 2010
Nov 19, 2009: DongEnergy, Inbicon Inaugurate Demo Plants For 2nd Generation Biofuel
Nov 18, 2009: DONG Energy And Inbicon Inaugurate Bioethanol Plant In Kalundborg, Denmark
Oct 30, 2009: PureCircle, Firmenich, Danisco Formulate Stevia-based Ingredients For Global Ice Cream Market
Section 5 - Appendix
Corn Products International, Inc.
MGP Ingredients, Inc.
Tate & Lyle PLC
Associated British Foods plc
Astarta Holding N.V.
Nippon Beet Sugar Mfg. Co., Ltd.