• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (APD) - Financial and Strategic Analysis Review
GlobalData, August 2010, Pages: 38
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (Air Products) is a US based industrial gas manufacturing company. The company is engaged in providing atmospheric gases, specialty gases, equipment services and performance materials. It operates through four reportable business segments namely merchant gases, tonnage gases, electronics and performance materials and equipment and energy. Air Products also supplies hydrogen and helium, semiconductor materials, hydrogen refinery, coating and adhesives, and natural gas liquefaction. The company caters to glassmaking, steel, nonferrous, oil field services, pulp and paper, water systems, metal manufacturing, chemical processing markets.
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. Key Recent Developments
Aug 02, 2010 Air Products Appoints Nelson Squires As Vice President Of North America Merchant Gases
Jul 29, 2010 Air Products Commissions New Combustion Lab With Focus On Clean Energy
Jul 22, 2010 Air Products Reports Net Income Of $261.3 Million In Q3 Fiscal 2010
Jul 21, 2010 AFC Energy May Supply Alkaline Fuel Cells For 49MW Renewable Plant In Tees Valley, UK
Jul 20, 2010 Air Products Announces Plans For Renewable Energy Plant In Tees Valley, England
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. provides you an in-depth strategic analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including,
- Business description - A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis - A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years - The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods - The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note-: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Key benefits of buying this profile include,
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
-The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered
in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. - Key Facts
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. - Key Employees
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. - Key Employee Biographies
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. - Major Products and Services
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. - History
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. - Company Statement
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 - Company Analysis
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. - Business Description
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. - Strengths
Strength - Strong Operating Margin
Strength - Extensive Geographical Presence
Strength - Diversified Product Portfolio
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. - Weaknesses
Weakness - Declining Market Share in Sector
Weakness - Reliance on Limited Suppliers
Weakness - Limited Liquidity Position
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. - Opportunities
Opportunity - Growth through Acquisition
Opportunity - Supply Agreements and Contracts
Opportunity - Rising Demand for Hydrogen
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. - Threats
Threat - Impact of Global Economic Crisis
Threat - Stringent Governing Regulations
Threat - Highly Competitive Environment
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. - Key Competitors
Section 3 - Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 - Company’s Recent Developments
Aug 02, 2010: Air Products Appoints Nelson Squires As Vice President Of North America Merchant Gases
Jul 29, 2010: Air Products Commissions New Combustion Lab With Focus On Clean Energy
Jul 22, 2010: Air Products Reports Net Income Of $261.3 Million In Q3 Fiscal 2010
Jul 21, 2010: AFC Energy May Supply Alkaline Fuel Cells For 49MW Renewable Plant In Tees Valley, UK
Jul 20, 2010: Air Products Announces Plans For Renewable Energy Plant In Tees Valley, England
Jul 15, 2010: Air Products’s INOX Air Products To Supply Nitrogen And Hydrogen To PMSPL
Jul 08, 2010: Air Products To Build 1.5MW Solar Farm At Its Headquarters In Pennsylvania, US
Jun 17, 2010: Air Products’ Hydrogen Fueling Technology Powering New Sysco Warehouse Operations
Jun 16, 2010: Air Products To Receive $253 Million In DOE Funding For Carbon Capture And Sequestration Project In Port Arthur, Texas
Jun 10, 2010: DOE Announces Nearly $1 Billion Public-Private Investment In Industrial Carbon Capture And Storage
Section 5 - Appendix