- Published: September 2011
- Region: Australia, Global
McDonald's Corporation (MCD) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Published: September 2013
- Region: Global
- 28 pages
McDonald's Corporation (MCD) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
McDonald’s Corporation (McDonald’s) is a global foodservice retailer that provides the quick service restaurants. The company specializes in offering hamburgers, cheeseburger, chicken sandwiches, french fries, salads, milk shakes, desserts and ice cream sundaes, Big Mac, Quarter Pounder, Chicken McNuggets and Egg McMuffin. The company also serves premium salads, chicken, yogurt, bottled water, and fruits. It operates more than 34,480 restaurants that serve 69 million people in more than 119 countries every day. Out of these, 80% are operated by franchisees, while remaining are operated by the company.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company SHOW LESS READ MORE >
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
McDonald's Corporation - Key Facts
McDonald's Corporation - Key Employees
McDonald's Corporation - Key Employee Biographies
McDonald's Corporation - Major Products and Services
McDonald's Corporation - History
McDonald's Corporation - Company Statement
McDonald's Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
McDonald's Corporation - Business Description
McDonald's Corporation - Corporate Strategy
McDonald's Corporation - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
McDonald's Corporation - Strengths
Strength - Leading Market Brand
Strength - Wide International Presence
Strength - Strong Focus on Quality
Strength - Improved Financial Performance
McDonald's Corporation - Weaknesses
Weakness - Product Recalls
Weakness - Decline in Liquidity Ratios
McDonald's Corporation - Opportunities
Opportunity - Rising Sales in the US Restaurant Industry
Opportunity - Product Innovation and Menu Diversification
Opportunity - Growth Prospects: E-Commerce
McDonald's Corporation - Threats
Threat - Volatile Consumer Choices
Threat - Rising Manpower Costs
Threat - Intense Competition
McDonald's Corporation - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Appendix
List of Tables
McDonald's Corporation, Key Facts
McDonald's Corporation, Key Employees
McDonald's Corporation, Key Employee Biographies
McDonald's Corporation, Major Products and Services
McDonald's Corporation, History
McDonald's Corporation, Other Locations
McDonald's Corporation, Subsidiaries
McDonald's Corporation, Key Competitors
McDonald's Corporation, Ratios based on current share price
McDonald's Corporation, Annual Ratios
McDonald's Corporation, Interim Ratios
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
McDonald's Corporation, Performance Chart (2008 - 2012)
McDonald's Corporation, Ratio Charts
Wendy's Arby's Group, Inc.
Good Times Restaurants Inc.
Carrols Restaurant Group, Inc.
CKE Restaurants, Inc.
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc.
Yum! Brands, Inc.