• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Assore Limited (ASR) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
GlobalData, March 2013, Pages: 26
Assore Limited (Assore) is a mining holding company with interests in ventures involving base minerals and metals. It operates as a subsidiary of Oresteel Investments (Proprietary) Limited. The company is active in the mining of manganese, iron and chrome ores. Assore, through its subsidiary Wonderstone Limited, produces wonderstone, a type of pyrophyllite and manufactures ceramic products. Its major assets include a 50% interest in Assmang Limited. Assore is headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The company through its joint venture Assmang, plans to expand its iron ore production to 16.5 million tons (Mt) per annum by June 2013.
Assore Limited Key Recent Developments
Sep 03, 2012: Assore Reports Revenue Of ZAR13.8 Billion In Fiscal 2012nFeb 15, 2012: Assore Reports Revenue Of ZAR6.8 Billion In H1 Fiscal 2012GDMM23412FSA
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Assore Limited provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
Assore Limited - Key Facts
Assore Limited - Key Employees
Assore Limited - Key Employee Biographies
Assore Limited - Major Products and Services
Assore Limited - History
Assore Limited - Company Statement
Assore Limited - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Assore Limited - Business Description
Assore Limited - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Assore Limited - Strengths
Strength - Global Footprint
Strength - Strong Product Line
Strength - Financial Performance
Assore Limited - Weaknesses
Weakness - Increasing Receivables
Assore Limited - Opportunities
Opportunity - Global Demand for Steel
Opportunity - Manganese: Market Outlook
Opportunity - Capital Expansion Programme
Assore Limited - Threats
Threat - Stringent Environmental Regulations
Threat - Operational Risks
Threat - Nationalization of South African Mining Industry
Assore Limited - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Company’s Recent Developments
Assore Limited, Recent Developments
Sep 03, 2012: Assore Reports Revenue Of ZAR13.8 Billion In Fiscal 2012
Feb 15, 2012: Assore Reports Revenue Of ZAR6.8 Billion In H1 Fiscal 2012
Section 5 – Appendix
List of Tables
Assore Limited, Key Facts
Assore Limited, Key Employees
Assore Limited, Key Employee Biographies
Assore Limited, Major Products and Services
Assore Limited, History
Assore Limited, Subsidiaries
Assore Limited, Joint Venture
Assore Limited, Key Competitors
Assore Limited, Ratios based on current share price
Assore Limited, Annual Ratios
Assore Limited, Interim Ratios
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
Assore Limited, Performance Chart (2008 - 2012)
Assore Limited, Ratio Charts
Delta EMD Ltd.
Exxaro Resources Limited
Kumba Iron Ore Limited
Merafe Resources Limited