Nippon Light Metal Company, Ltd. (5701) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Nippon Light Metal Company, Ltd. (NLM) is an integrated aluminum manufacturer with activities ranging from alumina refining to fabrication of various products based in Japan. Its activities involve converting bauxite into alumina to fabrication of various products. NLM has six manufacturing sites and one research and development center. It serves the automobiles and railroads, electric machinery and electronics, industrial products, and construction industries. NLM operates its business through four reportable segments, namely, Aluminum Ingot and Chemicals; Aluminum Sheet and Extrusions; Fabricated Products and Others; and Aluminum Foil, Powder and Paste. As of March 31, 2011, the group consists of 80 subsidiaries and 22 affiliates. It principally operates in Japan. NLM has its headquarters in Tokyo, Japan.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Nippon Light Metal Company, Ltd. provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Nippon Light Metal Company, Ltd. , SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History, Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts SHOW LESS READ MORE >
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
Nippon Light Metal Company, Ltd. - Key Facts
Nippon Light Metal Company, Ltd. - Key Employees
Nippon Light Metal Company, Ltd. - Major Products and Services
Nippon Light Metal Company, Ltd. - History
Nippon Light Metal Company, Ltd. - Company Statement
Nippon Light Metal Company, Ltd. - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Nippon Light Metal Company, Ltd. - Business Description
Nippon Light Metal Company, Ltd. - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Nippon Light Metal Company, Ltd. - Strengths
Strength - Significant Global Network
Strength - Broad Product Portfolio
Strength - Strong Facilities Base
Nippon Light Metal Company, Ltd. - Weaknesses
Weakness - Geographical Concentration
Weakness - Declining Market Share in Sector
Nippon Light Metal Company, Ltd. - Opportunities
Opportunity - Expand Insulation Panel Business in Southeast Asia
Opportunity - Mid-Term Management Plan
Nippon Light Metal Company, Ltd. - Threats
Threat - Natural Calamities
Threat - Operational Risks
Threat - Stringent Environmental Regulations
Nippon Light Metal Company, Ltd. - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Appendix
List of Tables
Nippon Light Metal Company, Ltd., Key Facts
Nippon Light Metal Company, Ltd., Key Employees
Nippon Light Metal Company, Ltd., Major Products and Services
Nippon Light Metal Company, Ltd., History
Nippon Light Metal Company, Ltd., Subsidiaries
Nippon Light Metal Company, Ltd., Key Competitors
Nippon Light Metal Company, Ltd., Ratios based on current share price
Nippon Light Metal Company, Ltd., Annual Ratios
Nippon Light Metal Company, Ltd., Interim Ratios
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
Nippon Light Metal Company, Ltd., Performance Chart (2007 - 2011)
Nippon Light Metal Company, Ltd., Ratio Charts