- Language: English
- 774 Pages
- Published: October 2012
- Region: World
Vernalis plc (VER) - Financial and Strategic Analysis Review
- Published: August 2010
- 30 pages
Vernalis plc is a development stage pharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative pharmaceuticals products based on its expertise in de novo fragment and structure-based drug discovery and development. The company focuses on the development of the treatments for medical indications like cancer, pain, neuropathic pain, parkinson’s disease, inflammatory disease and ischaemic stroke. The company focuses extensively on its research and development activities with seven product candidates in clinical development under different research programmes.
Vernalis plc Key Recent Developments
Mar 24, 2010 Vernalis Releases Results From In-Step Phase IIb Study Of Indantadol
Mar 15, 2010 Vernalis Achieves Milestone Under Novartis Collaboration
Mar 08, 2010 Vernalis Regains European Rights To Frovatriptan
Aug 06, 2009 Vernalis Reports Net Loss Of GBP5.35 million For H1 2009
Apr 29, 2009 Vernalis Reports Net Loss Of GBP24.8 million For 2008
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Vernalis plc provides you an in-depth strategic analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including,
- Business description - A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis - A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Key manufacturing facilities - A list of key manufacturing facilities of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years - The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods - The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note-: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Key benefits of buying this profile include,
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
-The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered
in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
Vernalis plc - Key Facts
Vernalis plc - Key Employees
Vernalis plc - Key Employee Biographies
Vernalis plc - Major Products and Services
Vernalis plc - History
Vernalis plc - Company Statement
Vernalis plc - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 - Company Analysis
Vernalis plc - Business Description
Vernalis plc - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Vernalis plc - Strengths
Strength - Strong Liquidity Position
Strength - Portfolio of drug candidates
Vernalis plc - Weaknesses
Weakness - Low Return on Equity
Weakness - Declining Operating Margin
Vernalis plc - Opportunities
Opportunity - Market Potential - CNS Therapy
Opportunity - Market Potential: Cancer
Opportunity - Collaborations and licensing agreements
Vernalis plc - Threats
Threat - Counterfeit Drugs
Threat - Uncertain R&D Outcomes
Threat - Growing Parallel Trade
Vernalis plc - Key Competitors
Section 3 - Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 - Company’s Recent Developments
Mar 24, 2010: Vernalis Releases Results From In-Step Phase IIb Study Of Indantadol
Mar 15, 2010: Vernalis Achieves Milestone Under Novartis Collaboration
Mar 08, 2010: Vernalis Regains European Rights To Frovatriptan
Aug 06, 2009: Vernalis Reports Net Loss Of GBP5.35 million For H1 2009
Apr 29, 2009: Vernalis Reports Net Loss Of GBP24.8 million For 2008
Section 5 - Appendix
Merck & Co., Inc.
GW Pharmaceuticals plc
Biocompatibles International plc
|Electronic||The report will be emailed to you.||This is a single user license, allowing one specific user access to the product.|
|Site License||The report will be emailed to you.||This is a site license, allowing all users within a given geographical location of your organisation access to the product.|
|Enterprisewide||The report will be emailed to you.||This is an enterprise license, allowing all employees within your organisation access to the product.|