• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Harbor BioSciences, Inc. (HRBR) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
GlobalData, June 2011, Pages: 37
Harbor BioSciences, Inc. (HRBR) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Harbor BioSciences, Inc. (Harbor BioSciences), formerly known as Hollis-Eden Pharmaceuticals, Inc., is a development-stage pharmaceutical company. The company is principally engaged in the development of products for the treatment of diseases related to aging. Currently, the company is focused in developing a series of adrenal steroid hormones and hormone analogs, which are derived from the human adrenal metabolome . Its technology is focused on a series of adrenal steroid hormones and synthetic analogs. Its inventory of more than 700 steroid compounds is a targeted library synthesized under industry standards of medicinal chemistry. Its clinical drug development candidates are Apoptone (HE3235) and Triolex (HE3286). Apoptone currently is in clinical trials for late-stage prostate cancer and Triolex is in clinical trials for the treatment of obese type 2 diabetes, metabolic and autoimmune disorders. Harbor BioSciences is headquartered at San Diego in California, the US.
Harbor BioSciences, Inc. Key Recent Developments…
Jun 09, 2011 Harbor BioSciences And CIPI Sign Umbrella Distribution Agreement
Feb 01, 2011 Harbor BioSciences's Discovery Of New Anti-inflammatory Steroids Published In Peer Reviewed Scientific Journal
Jan 18, 2011 Harbor BioSciences Signs Pharmaceutical Development Agreements With China State Institute Of Pharmaceutical Industry
Sep 17, 2010 Harbor BioSciences Receives NASDAQ Notice Of Delisting
Mar 17, 2010 Harbor BioSciences Announces Listing Transfer To Nasdaq Capital Market
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Harbor BioSciences, Inc. provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Key manufacturing facilities – A list of key manufacturing facilities of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
Harbor BioSciences, Inc. - Key Facts
Harbor BioSciences, Inc. - Key Employees
Harbor BioSciences, Inc. - Key Employee Biographies
Harbor BioSciences, Inc. - Major Products and Services
Harbor BioSciences, Inc. - Pharmaceutical Pipeline Products Data
Harbor BioSciences, Inc., Pipeline Products by Therapy Area
Harbor BioSciences, Inc., Pipeline Products by Development Phase
Harbor BioSciences, Inc. - History
Harbor BioSciences, Inc. - Company Statement
Harbor BioSciences, Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Harbor BioSciences, Inc. - Business Description
Harbor BioSciences, Inc. - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Harbor BioSciences, Inc. - Strengths
Strength - Focused Drug Development Activities
Strength - Technological Platform
Harbor BioSciences, Inc. - Weaknesses
Weakness - Lack of Marketed Products
Weakness - Lack of Manufacturing Facilities
Harbor BioSciences, Inc. - Opportunities
Opportunity - Strategic Agreements
Opportunity - Emerging Markets
Opportunity - Market Potential: Cancer
Opportunity - Rising Incidences of Type 2 Diabetes
Harbor BioSciences, Inc. - Threats
Threat - Competitive Pressures
Threat - Stringent Government Regulations
Threat - Uncertain Research and Development Outcomes
Threat - Cost Containment Pressures
Harbor BioSciences, Inc. - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Company’s Lifesciences Financial Deals and Alliances
Harbor BioSciences, Inc., Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare, Deals By Year, 2005 to YTD 2011
Harbor BioSciences, Inc., Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare, Deals By Type, 2005 to YTD 2011
Harbor BioSciences, Inc., Recent Deals Summary
Section 5 – Company’s Recent Developments
Jun 09, 2011: Harbor BioSciences And CIPI Sign Umbrella Distribution Agreement
Feb 01, 2011: Harbor BioSciences's Discovery Of New Anti-inflammatory Steroids Published In Peer Reviewed Scientific Journal
Jan 18, 2011: Harbor BioSciences Signs Pharmaceutical Development Agreements With China State Institute Of Pharmaceutical Industry
Sep 17, 2010: Harbor BioSciences Receives NASDAQ Notice Of Delisting
Mar 17, 2010: Harbor BioSciences Announces Listing Transfer To Nasdaq Capital Market
Mar 08, 2010: Harbor Biosciences Reports New Phase I/Iia Data At Asco Symposium And Announces Plans To Advance Prostate Cancer Treatment Apoptone To Phase Iib
Mar 01, 2010: Harbor Biosciences To Present Results On Lead Drug Candidate Apoptone
Feb 24, 2010: Harbor Biosciences To Receive Patent For Apoptone Cancer Treatment
Feb 17, 2010: Hollis-Eden Changes Name To Harbor BioSciences, Inc.
Section 6 – Appendix
Eli Lilly and Company
Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited