Global Market for Power Transmission and Distribution Cables – Forecast, Opportunities & Trends 2013-2020
- Language: English
- 300 Pages
- Published: August 2013
- Region: Global
Cable and Wireless plc (CWC) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Cable and Wireless Communications plc (C&W) (Previously known as Cable & Wireless PLC (UK)) is one of the leading communications companies. The company owns and operates full service telecommunications business providing mobile, broadband, internet, data centres and hosting and managed services, and fixed line services. The company offer services to homes, small and medium-sized enterprises, corporate customers, and governments and provides approximately 8.3 million mobile, 0.6million broadband and 1.8 million fixed line customers. The company provides market leading telecommunication services to customers, businesses and Governments through four business units- the Caribbean, Panama, Macau and Monaco & Islands. The company is a market leader in the majority of its areas of operation. It is headquartered at London, in UK and is listed on the London Stock exchange.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Cable and Wireless plc provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
Cable and Wireless plc - Key Facts
Cable and Wireless plc - Key Employees
Cable and Wireless plc - Key Employee Biographies
Cable and Wireless plc - Major Products and Services
Cable and Wireless plc - History
Cable and Wireless plc - Company Statement
Cable and Wireless plc - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Cable and Wireless plc - Business Description
Cable and Wireless plc - Corporate Strategy
Cable and Wireless plc - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Cable and Wireless plc - Strengths
Strength - Expanding Liquidity Position
Strength - Operational Efficiency
Strength - Market Reach
Cable and Wireless plc - Weaknesses
Weakness - Declining Market Share in Sector
Cable and Wireless plc - Opportunities
Opportunity - Expansion to New Markets
Opportunity - Strategic Alliance
Opportunity - Expansion to New Markets
Opportunity - Growth in Telecommunications Services
Cable and Wireless plc - Threats
Threat - Global Economic Slowdown
Threat - High Competition
Threat - Exchange Rates and Regulations
Cable and Wireless plc - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Appendix
KCOM Group PLC
Qwest Communications International Inc.
Level 3 Communications, Inc.
Verizon Communications Inc.
BT Group plc
Vodafone Group PLC