Union Bank of India (532477) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Union Bank of India (UBI) is a public sector bank offering wide range of financial and banking services including personal banking, commercial banking, non-resident Indian (NRI) banking, e-banking and investment services. UBI's product portfolio includes range of deposits, loans, retail loans, commercial loans, card services and monthly plans. The bank also engages in the distribution of insurance and mutual fund products to its customers. In addition, UBI’s advances portfolio include range of corporate advances; micro, small and medium enterprises advances; agriculture advances, and retail advances. The bank operates through four reportable business segments, namely, Treasury Operations, Retail Banking Operations, Corporate/Wholesale Banking, and Other Banking Operations. UBI has its operation in Australia, Abu Dhabi, China, Canada, the UK, Hong Kong and South Africa. UBI is headquartered in Maharashtra, India.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Union Bank of India provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
Union Bank of India - Key Facts
Union Bank of India - Key Employees
Union Bank of India - Key Employee Biographies
Union Bank of India - Major Products and Services
Union Bank of India - History
Union Bank of India - Company Statement
Union Bank of India - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Union Bank of India - Business Description
Union Bank of India - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Union Bank of India - Strengths
Strength - Growth in Investments
Strength - Increased CASA Deposit Base
Strength - Sound Capitalization
Union Bank of India - Weaknesses
Weakness - Deteriorating Asset Quality
Union Bank of India - Opportunities
Opportunity - Strategic Partnership Agreements
Opportunity - Nav Nirman Initiative
Opportunity - Positive Indian Banking Sector Outlook
Union Bank of India - Threats
Threat - Global Economic Imbalances
Threat - Intense Competition
Threat - Need for Skilled Workforce
Union Bank of India - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Union Bank of India, Recent Deals Summary
Section 4 – Appendix