- Language: English
- Published: October 2012
The Durgapur Projects Limited - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Published: March 2014
- 14 pages
The Durgapur Projects Limited - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on the company’s key employees, key competitors and major products and services.
This up-to-the-minute company report will help you to formulate strategies to drive your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Our summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
The Durgapur Projects Limited (DPL) is an India-based utility company. It is wholly-owned by the West Bengal Government. The company generates, distributes and transmits power. It also manufactures coke for various metallurgical applications and produces coke oven gas for the neighboring district of Kolkata. The company produces another by-product, crude coal tar. The company operates in Durgapur, where it is the sole power supplier. The aggregate installed capacity of the five units of DPL is 641 megawatt (MW). The company supplies the surplus power produced by it to the West Bengal State Electricity Board (WBSEB), after meeting the requirement of its command area customers.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis and corporate strategy are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this report’s analysis of the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies with Our detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the company’s core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing you with an up to date objective view of the company.
- Examine potential investment and acquisition targets with this report’s detailed insight into the company’s strategic, business and operational performance.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
List of Tables
Section 1 - About the Company
The Durgapur Projects Limited - Key Facts
The Durgapur Projects Limited - Key Employees
The Durgapur Projects Limited - Major Products and Services
The Durgapur Projects Limited - History
The Durgapur Projects Limited - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
The Durgapur Projects Limited - Business Description
The Durgapur Projects Limited - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
The Durgapur Projects Limited - Strengths
Strength - Business Model: Vertically Integrated Structure
Strength - Product and Service Portfolio
Strength - Strategically Located: Production Facilities
Strength - Compliance with Quality Management System
The Durgapur Projects Limited - Weaknesses
Weakness - Drawback of Government Ownership
Weakness - Lack of Fuel Diversity
The Durgapur Projects Limited - Opportunities
Opportunity - New Plant Initiative
Opportunity - Overseas Expansion
The Durgapur Projects Limited - Threats
Threat - Legal and Political Framework
Threat - Volatility in Commodity Pricing
Threat - Weather Fluctuations
The Durgapur Projects Limited - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Appendix
List of Tables
The Durgapur Projects Limited, Key Facts
The Durgapur Projects Limited, Key Employees
The Durgapur Projects Limited, Major Products and Services
The Durgapur Projects Limited, History
The Durgapur Projects Limited, Other Locations
The Durgapur Projects Limited, Key Competitors
Reliance Infrastructure Limited
GMR Energy Limited