- Published: May 2012
- Region: Global
Biovail Corp (BVF) - Financial and Strategic Analysis Review
- Published: August 2010
- Region: Global
- 37 pages
Biovail Corp (Biovail) is a specialty pharmaceutical company engaged in the formulation, clinical testing, registration, manufacture and commercialization of pharmaceutical products. It uses advanced drug-delivery technologies to improve the clinical effectiveness of medicines. In early 2008, the company adopted a new business model to focus exclusively on treatments for CNS disorder treatment. The company markets its products principally in Canada and the US. Biovail is headquartered at Mississauga in Ontario, Canada.
Biovail Corp Key Recent Developments
Jun 22, 2010 Biovail And MedGenesis Receive $2.1 Million Grant From MJFF For Development Of GDNF
May 06, 2010 Biovail Reports Net Loss Of $3.2 Million For Q1 2010
Feb 25, 2010 Biovail Reports Net Income Of CAD73 Million In Q4 2009
Feb 19, 2010 Biovail Comments On Filing Of Complaints
Feb 10, 2010 Alexza, Biovail Form Collaboration To Develop, Commercialize AZ-004
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Biovail Corp provides you an in-depth strategic analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including,
- Business description - A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis - A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Key manufacturing facilities - A list of key manufacturing facilities of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years - The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods - The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note-: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Key benefits of buying this profile include,
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
-The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered
in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
Biovail Corp - Key Facts
Biovail Corp - Key Employees
Biovail Corp - Key Employee Biographies
Biovail Corp - Major Products and Services
Biovail Corp - History
Biovail Corp - Company Statement
Biovail Corp - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 - Company Analysis
Biovail Corp - Business Description
Biovail Corp- Corporate Strategy
Biovail Corp - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Biovail Corp - Strengths
Strength - Increasing Margins
Strength - Efficient R&D Activities
Biovail Corp - Weaknesses
Weakness - Closure of Dorado, Puerto Rico Facility
Weakness - Limited Investor Confidence
Weakness - Limited Liquidity Position
Weakness - Declining Market Share in Sector
Biovail Corp - Opportunities
Opportunity - Emerging Markets
Opportunity - Aquisitions and License Agreements
Opportunity - Market Potential - CNS Therapy
Opportunity - Successful Implementation of New Business Model
Biovail Corp - Threats
Threat - Uncertain R&D Outcomes
Threat - Tightening of FDA’s Regulatory Oversight
Threat - Intense Competition
Biovail Corp - Key Competitors
Section 3 - Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 - Company’s Recent Developments
Jun 22, 2010: Biovail And MedGenesis Receive $2.1 Million Grant From MJFF For Development Of GDNF
May 06, 2010: Biovail Reports Net Loss Of $3.2 Million For Q1 2010
Feb 25, 2010: Biovail Reports Net Income Of CAD73 Million In Q4 2009
Feb 19, 2010: Biovail Comments On Filing Of Complaints
Feb 10, 2010: Alexza, Biovail Form Collaboration To Develop, Commercialize AZ-004
Jan 12, 2010: MedGenesis Signs Agreements With Amgen, Biovail
Aug 24, 2009: Santhera Signs License Agreement With Biovail
May 18, 2009: Biovail To Acquire Worldwide Drug Rights
Section 5 - Appendix
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited
Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
IMPAX Laboratories, Inc.
Elan Corporation, plc
Medicis Pharmaceutical Corporation
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International