- Language: English
- Published: January 2013
VIA Technologies, Inc. (2388) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Published: August 2013
- 28 pages
VIA Technologies, Inc. (2388) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
VIA Technologies, Inc. (VIA) is a supplier of processor platforms. The company principally offers personal computer chipsets and semiconductor products. Its key products include processors, chipsets, graphics, audio, video display and networking chips. It also offers peripheral controllers including USB, 1394, Serial ATA, Super I/O and many other components. It serves several original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and system integrators. VIA provides energy-saving processor platforms for creating computing and communications devices for wide variety of markets including notebooks and mini-notes, Ultra Mobile personal computers (PCs) and tablet PCs, and embedded markets.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company SHOW LESS READ MORE >
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
VIA Technologies, Inc. - Key Facts
VIA Technologies, Inc. - Key Employees
VIA Technologies, Inc. - Key Employee Biographies
VIA Technologies, Inc. - Major Products and Services
VIA Technologies, Inc. - History
VIA Technologies, Inc. - Company Statement
VIA Technologies, Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
VIA Technologies, Inc. - Business Description
VIA Technologies, Inc. - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
VIA Technologies, Inc. - Strengths
Strength - Broad Product Portfolio
Strength - Worldwide Business Operations
VIA Technologies, Inc. - Weaknesses
Weakness - Declining Operational Efficiency
Weakness - Substantial Debt
VIA Technologies, Inc. - Opportunities
Opportunity - Positive Outlook for Semiconductor Market
Opportunity - New Product Launch
Opportunity - Growth Prospects in EMS Industry
VIA Technologies, Inc. - Threats
Threat - Stringent Regulations
Threat - Rapid Technological Changes
Threat - Competitive Pressure
VIA Technologies, Inc. - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Appendix
List of Tables
VIA Technologies, Inc., Key Facts
VIA Technologies, Inc., Key Employees
VIA Technologies, Inc., Key Employee Biographies
VIA Technologies, Inc., Major Products and Services
VIA Technologies, Inc., History
VIA Technologies, Inc., Other Locations
VIA Technologies, Inc., Subsidiaries
VIA Technologies, Inc., Key Competitors
VIA Technologies, Inc., Ratios based on current share price
VIA Technologies, Inc., Annual Ratios
VIA Technologies, Inc., Interim Ratios
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
VIA Technologies, Inc., Performance Chart (2008 - 2012)
VIA Technologies, Inc., Ratio Charts
Freescale Semiconductor, Inc.
Creative Technology Ltd.
Cirrus Logic, Inc.
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Siliconware Precision Industries Co., Ltd.
Standard Microsystems Corporation
International Business Machines Corporation