- Language: English
- 774 Pages
- Published: October 2012
- Region: Global
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. (PCL) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Published: November 2013
- Region: Global
- 28 pages
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. (PCL) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc.(Plum Creek) is a publicly owned Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT). The company manages and sales Timberland to the manufactures of wood, pulp and paper products in the US. It owns and manages 6.4 million acres of timberland in over 19 states. Its product includes lumber products, plywood, medium density fiberboard, and related by-products, such as wood chips. It has four segments, namely, Timber Segment, Real Estate Segment, Manufactured Products Segment and Others. The company utilizes silviculture practices to improve the productivity of the acquired Timberland.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company SHOW LESS READ MORE >
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. - Key Facts
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. - Key Employees
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. - Key Employee Biographies
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. - Major Products and Services
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. - History
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. - Company Statement
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. - Business Description
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. - Strengths
Strength - Prime Market Player
Strength - Long Term Supply Agreements
Strength - Pioneering Business Organization
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. - Weaknesses
Weakness - Dependence on a Single Customer
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. - Opportunities
Opportunity - Business Agreements
Opportunity - Strategic Acquisitions
Opportunity - Use of Alternative Fuels
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. - Threats
Threat - Highly Competitive Industry
Threat - Cyclical Nature of Business
Threat - Governmental Regulatory Changes
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Appendix
List of Tables
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc., Key Facts
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc., Key Employees
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc., Key Employee Biographies
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc., Major Products and Services
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc., History
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc., Other Locations
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc., Subsidiaries
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc., Key Competitors
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc., Ratios based on current share price
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc., Annual Ratios
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc., Interim Ratios
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc., Performance Chart (2008 - 2012)
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc., Ratio Charts
Columbia Forest Products, Inc.
Roseburg Forest Products Co.