• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Insurance Australia Group Limited (IAG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
GlobalData, January 2013, Pages: 31
Insurance Australia Group Limited (IAG) is a general insurance group. The group offers a wide range of personal and commercial insurance products in Australia, the UK, New Zealand and Asia. IAG distributes its products through a network of branches, franchises, country service centers, insurance brokers, motor dealerships, authorized representatives and financial institutions. It provides reinsurance products, investment management services and investment of equity holders’ funds businesses.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Insurance Australia Group Limited provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
Insurance Australia Group Limited - Key Facts
Insurance Australia Group Limited - Key Employees
Insurance Australia Group Limited - Key Employee Biographies
Insurance Australia Group Limited - Major Products and Services
Insurance Australia Group Limited - History
Insurance Australia Group Limited - Company Statement
Insurance Australia Group Limited - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Insurance Australia Group Limited - Business Description
Insurance Australia Group Limited - Corporate Strategy
Insurance Australia Group Limited - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Insurance Australia Group Limited - Strengths
Strength - Strong Market Presence
Strength - Operational Performance
Strength - Financial Strength
Insurance Australia Group Limited - Weaknesses
Weakness - Underwriting Losses
Weakness - UK Business
Insurance Australia Group Limited - Opportunities
Opportunity - Strategic Acquisitions
Opportunity - Insurance Sector: Asia
Opportunity - Growth Prospects in Emerging Markets
Insurance Australia Group Limited - Threats
Threat - Competition
Threat - The Insurance (Prudential Supervision) Act
Threat - Low Interest Rate Environment
Insurance Australia Group Limited - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Appendix
List of Tables
Insurance Australia Group Limited, Key Facts
Insurance Australia Group Limited, Key Employees
Insurance Australia Group Limited, Key Employee Biographies
Insurance Australia Group Limited, Major Products and Services
Insurance Australia Group Limited, History
Insurance Australia Group Limited, Subsidiaries
Insurance Australia Group Limited, Joint Venture
Insurance Australia Group Limited, Key Competitors
Insurance Australia Group Limited, Ratios based on current share price
Insurance Australia Group Limited, Annual Ratios
Insurance Australia Group Limited, Interim Ratios
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
Insurance Australia Group Limited, Performance Chart (2008 - 2012)
Insurance Australia Group Limited, Ratio Charts
AXA Asia Pacific Holdings Limited
Challenger Financial Services Group Limited
Austbrokers Holdings Limited
Allianz Australia Limited
TOWER Australia Group Limited
Zurich Financial Services Australia Limited
Calliden Group Ltd.
White Mountains Insurance Group Ltd