• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
China Methanol Industry Report, 2009-2010 (Chinese Version)
Research In China, August 2010, Pages: 71
The raw materials like natural gas, coal and coke oven gas serve for methanol production. The international methanol production equipment mostly employs natural gas as the raw material while methanol production in China gives priority to coal. In 2009, the total capacity of methanol in China amounted to 26.79 million tons, of which, the capacity of coal to methanol reached 16.65 million tons (62%), that of natural gas to methanol 6.16 million tons (23%), and that of coke oven gas to methanol 4 million tons (15%).
In China, coal-to-methanol enterprises mainly cover Hebei Qianan Chemical Industry Co., Ltd., Henan Longyu Coal Chemical Co., Ltd., Yankuang Guohong Coal Chemical Co., Ltd., etc.; natural gas-to-methanol enterprises include Inner Mongolia Yuan Xing Energy Company Limited, Shaanxi Yulin Natural Gas Chemical Industry Co., Ltd., CNOOC Kingboard Chemical Limited, etc.; and coke oven gas-to-methanol enterprises are composed of Shanxi Tianhao Chemical Co., Ltd., Shanxi Coking (Group) Co., Ltd, etc.
This report studies the capacity, output, demand, downstream consumption structure and the operation of key enterprises in China’s methanol industry as well as the key application of methanol in the future, i.e. the development of methanol gasoline and methanol to olefins.
Among the methanol downstream consumption structure in China in 2009, formaldehyde, dimethyl ether, methanol fuel, and acetate acid accounted for 29%, 20%, 12% and 9% respectively. Along with the vigorously promoted methanol gasoline in China, the demand for methanol fuel will increase significantly in the future. After over two decades’ demonstration & popularization of methanol gasoline in Shanxi Province, it is proven that methanol gasoline is economical, environment-friendly, and technically feasible. Against the release and implementation of national standards concerning methanol gasoline, the popularization and application of methanol gasoline is about to embrace rapid growth and the demand of methanol will boom.
Apart from methanol gasoline, (coal to) methanol to olefins in novel coal chemical industry is also the key potential application of methanol. There are altogether three national demonstration projects of methanol to olefins, two of which have successfully carried out pilot production of olefins with coal to methanol as the raw material. In addition to demonstration projects, 10 additional (coal-to)-methanol-to-olefins projects are still under construction. The success and popularization of methanol-to-olefins demonstration projects will effectively dealt with the over-capacity of methanol in China.
1 Overview of Methanol Industry Development
1.1 Profile of Methanol
1.2 Production of Methanol
1.3 Application of Methanol
2 Overview of Global Methanol Market
2.1 Supply & Production
3 Analysis of China Methanol Market
3.1 Development of Upstream Raw Materials
3.1.1 Coal to Methanol
3.1.2 Natural Gas to Methanol
3.1.3 Coke Oven Gas to Methanol
3.2 Supply & Demand of Methanol
3.2.1 Supply & Demand
3.2.2 Demand Structure
3.3 Downstream Demand
3.3.2 Dimethyl Ether
3.3.3 Acetate Acid
3.5 Import & Export
4 Key Application: Development of Methanol Gasoline
4.1 Introduction to Methanol Gasoline
4.2 Application of Methanol Gasoline Overseas
4.3 Application of Methanol Gasoline in China
4.3.1 Local Popularization
4.3.2 Relevant National Policies
4.3.3 Development Trend
4.4 Economy of Methanol Gasoline
4.5 Related Companies
4.5.1 Shanxi Huadun Industry Co., Ltd.
4.5.2 Shaanxi Yanchang Zhongli New Energy Co., Ltd.
5 Key Application: Methanol to Olefins
5.1 Overview of Olefin Market
5.2 Development of Methanol-to-Olefins Industry
5.3 Economy of Methanol to Olefins
5.4 Related Enterprises and Projects
5.4.1 Datang International Power Generation Co., Ltd.
5.4.2 Shenhua Group Corporation Limited
5.4.3 Shen Hua Ningxia Coal Industry Group Co., Ltd.
5.4.4 Other Companies
6 Key Enterprises
6.1 Saudi Methanol Co. (AR-RAZI)
6.2 Methanol Holdings Trinidad Ltd. (MHTL)
6.2.2 Methanol Business
6.3 Methanex Chile Ltd.
6.4 Inner Mongolia Yuan Xing Energy Company Limited
6.4.1 Profile & Operation
6.4.2 Methanol Business
6.5 Yanzhou Coal Mining Company Limited
6.5.2 Methanol Business
6.6 Yunnan Yunwei Group Co., Ltd.
6.6.1 Profile & Operation
6.6.2 Methanol Business
6.7 Shandong Hualu-Hengsheng Chemical Co., Ltd.
6.7.1 Profile & Operation
6.7.2 Operation Strategy of Industry Chain Integration
6.8 Pingmei & Lantian Chemical Co., Ltd.
6.9 Shanxi Coking (Group) Co., Ltd
6.10 Xinjiang Guanghui New Energy Co., Ltd.
List of Charts:
- Major Applications of Methanol Downstream Products
- Global Capacity Proportion of Methanol Made from Different Raw Materials, 2008
- Methanol Capacity in Partial Regions, May, 2009
- Global Major Methanol Manufacturers and Their Capacity, 2008
- Global Methanol Downstream Product Structure, 2008
- Global Methanol Consumption, 2007-2009
- China’s Capacity Proportion of Methanol Made from Different Raw Materials, 2008-2009
- Capacity and Raw Materials of Some Methanol Manufacturers in China, 2009
- Relationship between Coal-to-Methanol Cost and Price of Coal
- Relationship between Natural Gas-to-Methanol Cost and Price of Natural Gas
- Basic Ex-factory (or First Station) Price Adjustment of Domestic Onshore Natural Gas
- Gas Component Content of Coke Oven Gas
- Methanol Production Scale of Some Coke Oven Gas-to-Methanol Enterprises, 2009
- Capacity and Output of Methanol in China, 2007-2010
- Supply and Demand of Methanol in China, 2008-2009
- Methanol Consumption Structure in China, 2008-2009
- Capacity, Output and Required Amount of Methanol of Dimethyl Ether in China, 2007-2010
- Acetate Acid Consumption Structure in China, 2009
- Acetate Acid Output in China, 2007-2010
- Prices of Methanol, 2007-2010
- Methanol Import Volume of China, 2008-2010
- Methanol Import Value of China, 2008-2010
- Methanol Export Volume of China, 2008-2010
- Methanol Export Value of China, 2008-2010
- Major Physicochemical Indices, Methanol vs. Gasoline
- Physicochemical Properties and Combustion Characteristics of Different-proportion Methanol Gasoline
- Development of Methanol Gasoline in the USA, 1980s-1990s
- Consumption of Methanol Gasoline in Shanxi Province, China
- National Standards Concerning Related Products of Methanol Gasoline
- Price of 93# Gasoline in Different Provinces and Cities of China, 2007-2010
- Gasoline Price vs. Methanol Gasoline Price
- Price Sensitivity of Methanol Gasoline (to Price of Methanol)
- Price Sensitivity of Methanol Gasoline (to Price of Gasoline)
- Scale of Methanol Gasoline Modulation Center under the Charge of Shaanxi Yanchang Zhongli New Energy Co., Ltd.
- Capacity and Demand of Global Ethylene, 2007-2012E
- Ethylene Output of China, 2001-2010
- China’s Self-sufficiency Ratio of Ethylene and Propylene, 2003-2010
- Raw Material Price Comparison between Coal to Olefins and Petroleum to Olefins, 2005-2009
- Operation of Datang International Power Generation Co., Ltd., 2007-2009
- Coal-Methanol-to-Olefins Project of Datang International Power Generation Co., Ltd.
- Coal-Methanol-to-Olefins Project of Shenhua Baotou Coal Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Coal-to-Olefins Project of Shen Hua Ningxia Coal Industry Group Co., Ltd.
- Product of Coal-Methanol-to-Olefins Project by Anhui Huainan Chemical Group
- Product of Coal-Methanol-to-Olefins Project by Shenhua & Dow Chemical
- Information of AR-RAZI
- Methanol Capacity and Market Share of MHTL, 2009
- Methanol Export Destinations of MHTL
- Methanol Sales Quota of MHTL (by Region)
- Methanol Plant and Capacity of Methanex, 2009
- Worldwide Methanol Plant Distribution and Corresponding Sales Market of Methanex
- Revenue and Net Income of Methanex, 2007-2010
- Methanol Output and Sales Volume of Methanex, 2009-2010H1
- Revenue and Profit of Inner Mongolia Yuan Xing Energy Company Limited, 2007-2010
- Revenue of Inner Mongolia Yuan Xing Energy Company Limited (by Product), 2008-2009
- Methanol Capacity and Output of Holding Company and Joint Stock Company by Inner Mongolia Yuan Xing Energy Company Limited
- Operating Income and Total Profit of Yanzhou Coal Mining Company Limited, 2007-2010
- Methanol Output & Sales and Revenue of Yanzhou Coal Mining Company Limited, 2009 vs. 2010Q1
- Operating Income and Total Profit of Yunnan Yunwei Group Co., Ltd., 2007-2010
- Revenue Structure of Yunnan Yunwei Group Co., Ltd. (by Product), 2008-2009
- Methanol Business of Yunnan Yunwei Group’s Subsidiaries
- Methanol Output and Revenue of Yunnan Yunwei Group Co., Ltd., 2008-2009
- Operating Income and Total Profit of Hualu-Hengsheng, 2007-2010
- Revenue Structure of Hualu-Hengsheng (by Product), 2009
- Methanol Capacity of Pingmei & Lantian Subsidiaries
- Operating Income and Growth of Shanxi Coking (Group) Co., Ltd, 2007-2010
- New Coal Chemical Products in Yiwu County of Xinjiang Guanghui New Energy Co., Ltd.
- Shanxi Huadun Industry Co., Ltd.
- Shaanxi Yanchang Zhongli New Energy Co., Ltd.
- Datang International Power Generation Co., Ltd.
- Shenhua Group Corporation Limited
- Shen Hua Ningxia Coal Industry Group Co., Ltd.
- Saudi Methanol Co. (AR-RAZI)
- Methanol Holdings Trinidad Ltd. (MHTL)
- Methanex Chile Ltd.
- Inner Mongolia Yuan Xing Energy Company Limited
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company Limited
- Yunnan Yunwei Group Co., Ltd.
- Shandong Hualu-Hengsheng Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Pingmei & Lantian Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Shanxi Coking (Group) Co., Ltd
- Xinjiang Guanghui New Energy Co., Ltd.