- Language: English
- 43 Pages
- Published: April 2012
- Region: World
Global Apparel & Textile Industry - Womenswear leading the Global Demand
- Published: September 2010
- Region: World
- 45 Pages
- Ken Research Private Limited
This report presents all factors which represents the market, as well as affect the buying behaviour. Here, we have analysed the global apparel market demand and its outlook, which gives an idea of expected demand for apparel in the next five years. This report also covers Asia (China & India), European Union (United Kingdom) and United States apparel market size, trends and opportunities. The present report analyse driving factors present in the industry and trends supporting the rise and fall in the sector. Companies mentioned in the report are: VF Corporation, Gap Inc., Aeropostale, Abercrombie & Fitch and American Eagle Outfitters.
Trends in apparel and accessory sector changes frequently with change in lifestyle and spending capacity. Especially group of working women influence apparel sector the most while home makers are found to be less aggressive in buying clothes. This report presents all factors which represents the market, as well as affect the buying behaviour. Here, we have analysed the global apparel market demand and its outlook, which gives an idea of expected demand for apparel in the next five years. This report also covers Asia (China & India), European Union (United Kingdom) and United States apparel market size, trends and opportunities. The present report analyse driving factors present in the industry and trends supporting the rise and fall in the sector. Companies mentioned in the report are: VF Corporation, Gap Inc., Aeropostale, Abercrombie & Fitch and American Eagle Outfitters.
- The global apparel and textiles industry grew by 2.87% in 2009 to reach a value of US$~ billion which grew by 3.22% in 2008 and reached US$~billion. The compound annual growth rate of the industry in the period 2001-2009 was 2.6%.
- In 2011, the global apparel and textiles industry is forecast to have a value of US$~ billion. The compound annual growth rate of the industry in the period 2006-2011 is expected to be 3.24%.
- EU accounted for the largest share of the total apparel market, while North America, Asia Pacific (including Japan) followed EU.
- The women’s apparel market is the most fragmented market which contains existent dominant brands and new upcoming brands.
- China is considered as one of the largest apparel retail markets in the world. According to A&M Mindpower, in 2008 the retail sales accounted for US$~ billion
- Indian apparel sales have increased over 10% in the last five years and are expected to be around US$~ - US$~ billion by the end of 2010. The trend is likely to continue in the near future. Indian apparel is considered as the most appealing segment as compared to others because of high margins.
- In 2004 – 2008, EU consumed knitted outerwear grew at an annual growth rate of ~%. In 2008, EU consumed knitted outerwear of the value of US$~ billion. The outerwear consumed in 2008 was ~% of the total outerwear consumed. In Austria and UK, consumers spend a lot on knitted outerwear. Belgium had the highest per capita consumption. Belgium is closely followed Italy and Germany.
- Sales of women’s wear proved the most lucrative for the US apparel retail industry in 2009, with total revenues of US$~ billion. In comparison, sales of menswear generated revenues of US$~ billion in 2009. The performance of the industry is forecast to decelerate, which is expected to drive the industry to a value of US$~ billion by the end of 2014.
- The retail sales of the US clothing have faced a downfall in the sales affected from the economy slump, also a large working population hit with recession which accounts for a large percentage of the crowd in clothing stores.
- There is a continuous changing trends of stores sales in US due to recession affected population taking the market to negative and teen age (boys and girls) accounting for a positive sales trend in the stores.
- In 2014, the US apparel retail industry is forecasted to have a value of US$~ billion, an increase of 11.7% since 2009. The compound annual growth rate of the industry in the period 2009–14 is predicted to be 1.9%.
- The factors which led to the increase in apparel consumption were increasing disposable income in context of low interest rates and marginal increase in inflation and improving consumer sentiment.
- The demand for maternity apparel industry is on rise in the US. Various factors such as Growth of e commerce, pregnancies of celebrities and trendy maternity wear have led to the increase in demand of maternity apparel.
- Brazil is coming up as one of the emerging countries for apparel retailers to target. The factors which make it one of the promising markets are consumer’s preference for trendy fashionable clothing, willingness to spend on high apparel clothing and being an importer of apparels. China and India followed Brazil in terms of emerging markets for retail investments.
Apparel, Textiles, womeswear, menswear, childrenswear, maternity apparel industry, Knitted Outerwear, Footwear, Athletic Apparel SHOW LESS READ MORE >
1. Apparel and Textile Industry Overview
1.1 Category versus Lifestyle Brands
2. Global Apparel and Textile Industry Performance
2.1 Market Size
2.2 Market by Segments
2.2.1 Women’s Segment
2.2.2 Men’s Segment
3. Apparel and Textile Industry in Asia
3.1 Apparel Retail Market Performance in China
3.2 Opportunities in Indian Apparel Industry
3.3 Apparel and Textile Trends in Hong Kong
4. European Union Apparel Industry Performance
4.1 Market Size
4.3 United Kingdom
5. United States Apparel Industry Performance
5.1 Market Size
5.2 U.S. Footwear Market Performance
5.3 U.S. Apparel Market Segmentation by Demography
5.4 The US Clothing Retail Sales
5.5 Spending of disposable income on apparel by age group in 2009
5.6 Canada, the United States licensed apparel retail sales
5.7 Competitive Landscape in the US
5.8 The US Apparel Industry Forecast
6. Industry Trends
6.1Consolidations in the Apparel Retail Industry
6.2 Apparel consumption and Demand Trends in China
6.3 Impact of Global Economy Slowdown on Korean Apparel Market
6.4 Comparison of China and Korean Apparel Market
6.5 Maternity apparel Demand in the US
6.6 Opportunities in Developing Regions
6.7 Apparel market trends in Japan
6.8 Recovery in German Retail market
6.9 Bright Future for Plus-Size Market
7. Growth Drivers
7.1 Rising Per Capita Income and Favouring Disposable Income in Developing Countries
7.2 Rising Demand for Online Apparel Sales
7.3 Teens, a Major Driving Factor in Apparel Industry and Impact of Recent Economic Downturn
7.4 Influence of Athletic Apparel over the US Apparel Industry
8. Company Profiles
8.1.1 Company Analysis
8.1.2 Business Strategies
8.1.3 Financial Performance
8.2 GAP Inc.
8.2.2 Business Strategies
8.2.3 Financial Performance
8.3.2 Business Strategies
8.4Abercrombie & Fitch
8.4.2 Business Strategies
8.4.3 Financial Performance
8.5American Eagle Outfitters
8.5.1 Company Analysis
8.5.2 Business Strategies
8.5.3 Financial Performance
List of Figures
Fig 1.1 Apparel Product Categories
Fig 2.1 Global Apparel and Textile Industry by Value (2001 – 2011E)
Fig 2.2 Global Apparel Market by Demography in 2009
Fig 3.1 Indian Apparel Market Size by Value (2008 & 2015E)
Fig 4.1 Consumption of Knitted Outwear in EU (2004, 2006 & 2008)
Fig 4.2 Knitted Outwear Production in EU (2004-2008)
Fig 5.1 United States Apparel Retail Industry by Value (2005-2009)
Fig 5.2 US Footwear Market Size (2005-2009)
Fig 5.3 The US Apparel Market Segmentation by Demography in 2009
Fig 5.4 The US Retail Sales-Clothing Stores Change yoy in %
Fig 5.5 The US and Canada, Licensed Fashion Merchandise by Retail channel in 2008
Fig 5.6 The US Clothing Retail Market Shares in 2008
Fig 5.7 The US Apparel Retail Industry Forecast by Value (2009-2014E)
Fig 6.1 Men's Wear Market Share by Product (1H09)
Fig 6.2 Women's wear Market Share by Product (1H09)
Fig 6.3 Apparel Market in China & Korea (2005-2010E)
Fig 7.1 Urban per capita Disposable Income in China (1998-2009)
Fig 7.2 Athletic Apparel Demand Trends in 2008
Fig 8.1 V.F. Corporation Revenue & Net Income (2005-2009)
Fig 8.2 GAP Inc. Revenues and Net Income (2006-2010)
Fig 8.3 American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. Revenue and Net Income (2006-2010)
List of Tables
Table 3.1 Indian Retail Market- Most on- Demand Segment
Table 3.2 Exports Trends (2007 & 2008)
Table 4.1 Total UK Apparel manufacturers' sales by industry (2002-2007)
Table 5.1 The US Clothing Retailers: Comparable Store Sales Growth
Table 5.2 Licensed Fashion Merchandise Retail Sales in the US and Canada by Category (2008&2007)
VF Corporation, Gap Inc., Aeropostale, Abercrombie & Fitch and American Eagle Outfitters.
|Electronic (PDF)||The report will be emailed to you. The report is sent in PDF format.||This is a single user license, allowing one specific user access to the product.|
|Hard Copy||A printed copy of the report will be shipped to you.|
|Enterprisewide||The report will be emailed to you. The report is sent in PDF format.||This is an enterprise license, allowing all employees within your organisation access to the product.|