- Language: English
- 193 Pages
- Published: June 2011
- Region: America, Latin America
This product is currently not available for purchase.
4Q09 PayTV Subscribers Summary
- Published: May 2010
- Region: Global
- 13 Pages
The PayTV Subscribers Summary provides actual subscriber numbers for cable (analog and digital), satellite (DTH), and IPTV (or telco TV) for the past two years in annual format by region. Actuals for the quarter(s) passed in the current year are also provided. Regional subscriber forecasts by platform and by type (where appropriate) are provided in annual format for the current year and subsequent four years. Free-to-air TV subscriber forecasts are also provided for a picture of the total available worldwide TV-household market.
Asia Comprises Over Half the World’s PayTV Subscribers
Asia dominates worldwide PayTV, accounting for slightly more than 50% of subscribers in 2010, reports In-Stat. China alone will encompass 26.3% of the total, followed by the rest of Asia Pacific at 22.3%, North America 15.3% and W. Europe 15.6%. While IPTV grew faster than cable and satellite in 4Q09, consistent growth is expected for all PayTV platforms over the next five years.
“By 2012, there will be nearly ¾ billion PayTV subscribers worldwide,” says Norm Bogen, In-Stat analyst. “Asia will continue to represent over 50% of PayTV subscribers through 2014 when we expect total subscribers to reach 855 million.”
Recent research by In-Stat found the following:
- IPTV subscribers increased 9.1% over the previous quarter and 46.1% over the previous year, reaching 33.3 million subscribers in 4Q09.
- E. Europe and W. Europe combined accounted for 49% of IPTV subscribers in 2009.
- Worldwide cable subscribers grew 4.4% in 2009.
- Worldwide satellite subscribers will reach a quarter billion by 2014.
- In 2010, Asia Pacific will overtake North America as the largest satellite market.
- Asia Pacific and Latin America/Caribbean regions show the greatest growth rate in satellite subscribers from 2009-2014.
Recent In-Stat research, 4Q09 PayTV Subscribers Summary (#IN1004821MBS), examines the worldwide PayTV Subscriber market including cable (analog and digital), satellite (DTH), and IPTV (or telco TV) for 4Q09. It provides:
- Worldwide subscribers by region, YE2008–YE2009.
- Actuals for the previous quarter(s) in the current year.
- Five-year subscriber forecasts by platform and by type (where appropriate).
- Free-to-air TV subscriber forecasts.
- Total available worldwide TV-household market.
This research is part of In-Stat’s Multimedia Broadband Services service. Broadband and video services are everywhere, but determining which service offerings will be the most successful is a multi-billion dollar question. In-Stat’s MBS research provides a worldwide, comprehensive perspective on the delivery of consumer broadband voice, video, and data services. The service assesses the strengths and weaknesses of each delivery pipe, and provides invaluable data on service enablers and blockers. MBS also examines existing and potential subscribers, competitive business models, industry agendas, and key cross-market combatants. SHOW LESS READ MORE >