- Published: February 2012
- Region: America, North America, United States
This product is currently not available for purchase.
1Q10 Wireless LAN Tracker
- Published: July 2010
- Region: Global
In 1Q10, worldwide revenue for the WLAN market decreased by 7.2% quarter-over-quarter, down from $1.2 billion in 4Q09 to $1.1 billion in 1Q10. Revenue was up 14% year-over-year. Shipments in 1Q10 decreased by 9.4% quarter-over-quarter, and increased by 4.8% year-over-year.
This report examines the WLAN market for 1Q10. Market shares for enterprise and SOHO/consumer vendors are provided, based on unit shipments and manufacturers' revenue for the quarter.
802.11n Device Unit Shipments Grow by 85% Year over Year
Although unit shipments in 1Q10 for the Worldwide WLAN market decreased by 9.4% quarter-over-quarter, it increased by 4.8% year-over-year. That increase was fueled primarily by migration to 802.11n technology. Shipments of 802.11n devices grew 85% in Q1 2010 compared to Q1 2009.
“Total WLAN revenue decreased 7.2% quarter-over-quarter to $1.1 billion in 1Q10 versus 4Q09”, says Vahid Dejwakh, Industry Analyst, In-Stat. “Revenue for 802.11n products was nearly 40% of the total WLAN market in 1Q10.”
Additional data included:
- Netgear is the leader in total “n” devices shipped, shipping in 1Q2010 over 2 million “n” devices which include SOHO routers, residential gateways, network adapters and access points.
- D-Link is the leader in total WLAN devices shipped (regardless of whether it is “a”, “b” “g” or “n” technology), shipping in 1Q2010 over 3.9 million WLAN devices. D-Link also saw the strongest share gain year-over-year.
- SOHO Routers demonstrated the most significant growth, as shipments grew 92% 1Q10 over 1Q09 and 12% 1Q10 over 4Q09.
- 802.11g declined quarter-over-quarter by 18% and by 19% year-over-year
- Vendors in In-Stat’s 1Q2010 WLAN tracker include 2Wire, 3Com, Actiontec, Apple, Aruba, Belkin, Buffalo, Cisco, D-Link, HP ProCurve, Linksys, Motorola, NETGEAR, Ruckus Wireless, Siemens, SMC, Technicolor, and ZyXEL.
Recent In-Stat research, 1Q10 Wireless LAN Tracker (#IN1004773WL), examines the WLAN market for 1Q10 by technology, category and vendor.
Market shares for enterprise and SOHO/consumer vendors are provided, based on unit shipments and manufacturers' revenue for the quarter.
Categories of equipment include:
- SOHO Routers
- Residential Gateways
- Network Adapters
- Standalone AP
- HP ProCurve
- Ruckus Wireless