- Published: October 2011
What General Counsel Need to Know About "Litigation Prenups" and Whether You Should Incorporate One Into Your Next Commercial Contract
- Published: June 2010
- 60 Minutes
In What General Counsel Need to Know About “Litigation Prenups”, ExecSense examines all of the key issues surrounding the “litigation prenup” - a colloquial name for an agreement incorporated into a commercial contract at the beginning of a business relationship in which the parties agree to certain prelitigation dispute resolution procedures, strict limits on discovery, and other provisions intended to manage litigation costs in the event of a dispute. Take the 60 minutes to view this webinar (on your computer, mobile phone, iPod or printed out) to be in-the-know on why so many general counsel are now incorporating a litigation prenup into their commercial contracts, and how you can go about doing so as well in your next contract. This webinar also includes a sample litigation prenup in Microsoft Word that you can use and modify in any way you like.
Upon ordering, ExecSense will email you a link to download the webinar for viewing on your computer, mobile media device (iPod/iPhone, Blackberry), or printed out. The downloaded files will include the PowerPoint presentation, audio narration and jpeg images of the slides (for watching on your mobile media device).
The webinar is led by an expert on litigation prenups and the ways general counsel are using them, Dan Winslow (Senior Counsel, Proskauer Rose LLP), and focuses on:
- Everything you need to know in 60 minutes about litigation prenups, why so many other general counsel are using them, and how to incorporate one into your next commercial contract
- In-depth analysis of the critical provisions in litigation prenups, including mandatory prelitigation dispute resolution procedures, strict limits on discovery, and other provisions intended to manage litigation costs in the event of a dispute
- The key practical, strategic, and financial considerations that general counsel should take into account when using a litigation prenup
- The top 10 questions that general counsel need to be ready to answer from their CEO and senior management team about litigation prenups
- Case studies of why other general counsel are using litigation prenups, how this is different than in the past, and important lessons learned
Praise for ExecSense Webinars:
“Well organized, well articulated, and easy to follow. The ExecSense webinar I attended was the best virtual learning experience I've had in quite some time.” - Brian K. Moore, HR Communications, Humana
"An expeditious way to obtain authoritative current information and ideas on a subject of interest." - David Kera, Partner, Oblon Spivak
"Just in time information to improve knowledge of current topics and trends.” - Thomas M. Armstrong, Attorney, Reid and Riege SHOW LESS READ MORE >