- Published: December 2011
How to Read a 10-K Filing of a Public Insurance Company
- Published: June 2010
- 60 Minutes
In How to Read a 10-K Filing of a Public Insurance Company, ExecSense examines what insurance lawyers need to know about interpreting and analyzing the most important parts of an insurance company’s 10-K filing. Take the 60 minutes to view this webinar (on your computer, mobile phone, iPod or printed out) to update your knowledge on insurance company’s 10-K filings so you can understand the financial and legal impact of critical information contained in these SEC filings and hold your own in a conversation on the topic with clients and colleagues.
Upon ordering, ExecSense will email you a link to download the webinar files for viewing on your computer, mobile phone, iPod, iPad, Kindle or printed out. The downloaded files will include the PowerPoint presentation, audio narration and jpeg images of the slides (for watching on your mobile media device). Take advantage of your next commute, flight, business trip, lunch, or free hour in your schedule to view this webinar.
The webinar is led by an expert at helping insurance lawyers understand and interpret the information contained in insurance company’s 10-K filings, Mike Kolar, and focuses on:
- Everything you need to know in 60 minutes about how to interpret and analyze the most important parts of an insurance company’s 10-K filing with the SEC
- A section-by-section tour of an insurance company’s 10-K filing with special attention paid to the most critical takeaways that insurance lawyers should glean from each key section (like the Manager’s Discussion & Analysis (MD&A) section, the Legal Proceedings section, and the Notes to Consolidated Financial Statements) and “red flags” from a legal standpoint that insurance lawyers should be on the lookout for
- A list of key terms that insurance lawyers need to understand in an insurance company’s 10-K filing
- The 10 questions insurance lawyers need to be ready to answer from their clients regarding legal issues that are impacted by 10-K filings
- Case studies of how other insurance lawyers use their understanding of 10-K filings, as well as important lessons learned from insurance lawyers who did not understand how to spot potential legal problems in their client’s 10-k filings
Praise for ExecSense Webinars:
"An expeditious way to obtain authoritative current information and ideas on a subject of interest." - David Kera, Partner, Oblon Spivak
"Just in time information to improve knowledge of current topics and trends.” - Thomas M. Armstrong, Attorney, Reid and Riege
“Well organized, well articulated, and easy to follow. The ExecSense webinar I attended was the best virtual learning experience I've had in quite some time.” - Brian K. Moore, HR Communications, Humana SHOW LESS READ MORE >