• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Firing Tips, Tricks and Best Practices for HR Executives
ExecSense, June 2010, Minutes: 60
In Firing Tips, Tricks & Best Practices for HR Executives, ExecSense examines easy-to-implement strategies that leading HR executives have found to help them more effectively handle the sensitive process of terminating an employee from a personal, company morale, and legal perspective. Take the 60 minutes to view this webinar (on your computer, mobile phone, iPod, iPad, Kindle or printed out) to understand how you can implement these techniques to better navigate the firing process, minimize the impact on morale, and mitigate the chances of your company being sued by the fired employee.
Upon ordering, ExecSense will email you a link to download the webinar files for viewing on your computer, mobile phone, iPod, iPad, Kindle or printed out. The downloaded files will include the PowerPoint presentation, audio narration and jpeg images of the slides (for watching on your mobile media device). Take advantage of your next commute, flight, business trip, lunch, or free hour in your schedule to view this webinar.
The webinar is led by an expert on advising HR executives on the best practices for firing employees, and focuses on:
- Everything you need to know in 60 minutes before firing your next employee and making the process as swift, smooth and legally on-point as possible
- A comprehensive overview of the key legal concerns implicated by the firing process (including protected class protection, documentation issues, company policies and precedents, etc.), and practical advice on what specific actions you should take before firing an employee to protect your company from a legal standpoint
- Easy-to-implement tips and best practices that HR executives can immediately implement to more effectively handle the termination process, including how to break the news, conduct the termination interview (including how to address severance/releases, COBRA, references, unemployment, etc.), minimize the impact on the morale of your remaining employees, and avoid inadvertently subjecting your company to potential liability
- How to appropriately (and legally) answer the five most common questions asked by an employee being fired
- Case studies of other HR executives firing employees, how they handled each specific situation, what mistakes they made, and how to make sure you handle your firing (or prospective firing) in the best way possible
Praise for ExecSense Webinars:
“Well organized, well articulated, and easy to follow. The ExecSense webinar I attended was the best virtual learning experience I've had in quite some time.” - Brian K. Moore, HR Communications, Humana
“Dynamic, up-to-date resource...” - Tina Ferguson, CEO of Rapid Success Partners
“ExecSense webinars are convenient and on-point…an intelligent discussion on a very relevant subject.” - Meghan Wulff, Focus Management Group