Contracts Law 101 for CTOs - What to Know Before Signing Your Next Contract That Will Help You Get the Best Terms Possible (ExecSense Webinars)
- ID: 1370224
- July 2010
- 60 Minutes
In Contracts Law 101 for CTOs, ExecSense covers the fundamental principles of contract law, as well as tips, tricks and techniques for negotiating contract terms most often dealt with by CTOs. Take the 60 minutes to view this webinar (on your computer, mobile phone, iPod or printed out) to update your knowledge on the basics of contract law, get the best terms possible for your company when structuring/negotiating a contract, and be more-informed on the legal ramifications of specific parts of a contract when discussing terms with your CEO, lawyers and other professionals.
Upon ordering, ExecSense will email you a link to download the webinar for viewing on your computer, mobile media device (iPod/iPhone, Blackberry), or printed out. The downloaded files will include the PowerPoint presentation, audio narration and jpeg images of the slides (for watching on your mobile media device).
The webinar is led by a professor with extensive experience teaching CTOs the basics of contracts law and how to apply that knowledge to the contracts that CTOs regularly negotiate and sign, and focuses on:
- Everything you need to know in 60 minutes about the basic principles of contract law and how understanding these fundamental concepts will give you an edge when you are negotiating contracts with vendors, partners, customers/clients and other parties in your role as CTO
- A comprehensive examination of the basic contracts law principles most relevant to CTOs, including the requirements for forming a valid contract (offer, acceptance, consideration) and its application to e-commerce, standard contract interpretation principles (including the parol evidence rule for written contracts), when a contract should be voided because of nondisclosure, duress, or other intervening events, the effect of misrepresentation, how a contract can be terminated, and remedies/damages available in the event of breach (including a nonbreaching party’s duty to mitigate damages).
- Practical advice on how to draw on your knowledge of contracts law to give you an edge when you are negotiating contracts and to help you make sure that your contract contains the best terms possible for your company (such as expressly providing for remedies in the event of breach which would not otherwise be available under basic contract law)
- The 10 questions most asked by CTOs about how understanding fundamental contracts law principles will help them negotiate and evaluate the legal ramifications of the contracts that they deal with on a regular basis as a CTO
- Case studies of how other CTOs have used their knowledge of contracts law to their advantage in contract negotiations, and important lessons learned from CTOs who mistakenly signed contracts or agreed to terms they should not have because of a failure to understand how the contract would be enforced by the courts
Praise for ExecSense Webinars:
“Well organized, well articulated, and easy to follow. The ExecSense webinar I attended was the best virtual learning experience I've had in quite some time.” - Brian K. Moore, HR Communications, Humana
“Dynamic, up-to-date resource...” - Tina Ferguson, CEO of Rapid Success Partners
“ExecSense webinars are convenient and on-point…an intelligent discussion on a very relevant subject.” - Meghan Wulff, Focus Management Group SHOW LESS READ MORE >