• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
CarMax, Inc.: SWOT Analysis & Company Profile
World Market Intelligence, September 2010, Pages: 21
WMI’s CarMax, Inc. contains a company overview, key facts, locations and subsidiaries, news and events as well as a SWOT analysis of the company.
This SWOT Analysis company profile is a crucial resource for industry executives and anyone looking to quickly understand the key information concerning CarMax, Inc.’s business.
WMI’s “CarMax, Inc. SWOT Analysis & Company Profile” reports utilize a wide range of primary and secondary sources, which are analyzed and presented in a consistent and easily accessible format. WMI strictly follows a standardized research methodology to ensure high levels of data quality and these characteristics guarantee a unique report.
- Examines and identifies key information and issues about (CarMax, Inc.) for business intelligence requirements
- Studies and presents CarMax, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities (growth potential) and threats (competition). Strategic and operational business information is objectively reported.
- The profile contains business operations, the company history, major products and services, prospects, key competitors, structure and key employees, locations and subsidiaries.
Reasons To Buy
- Quickly enhance your understanding of the company.
- Obtain details and analysis of the market and competitors as well as internal and external factors which could impact the industry.
- Increase business/sales activities by understanding your competitors’ businesses better.
- Recognize potential partnerships and suppliers.
- Obtain yearly profitability figures
CarMax, Inc. (CarMax) is a leading US-based used car retailer. The company, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in retailing of used cars and light trucks. It purchases, reconditions and sells used vehicles. In addition, the company provides a wide range of services to its customers, including financing of vehicle purchases through CarMax Auto Finance. Apart from in-store retailing, it also offers the merchandise through website. Further, CarMax sells new vehicles at five locations under franchise agreements with four new car manufacturers, namely, General Motors, Nissan, Chrysler and Toyota. It sells vehicles through on-site auctions. During the fiscal year ended February 28, 2010, the company sold 197,382 wholesale vehicles through on-site auctions, and it retailed over 357,129 used vehicles. As of February 28, 2010, the company operated 100 used car superstores in 46 metropolitan markets in the US. The company principally operates in the US. CarMax is headquartered in Richmond (Virginia), the US.
CarMax to open another store in Augusta, Georgia
CarMax hires for 600 store positions across US
1 Company Overview
2 Business Description
2.1 Business Overview
2.2 Operating units
2.3 Key Employees
2.3.1 Key Employee Biographies
2.4 Locations & Subsidiaries
3 SWOT Analysis
4 Financial Deals
4.1 Five Year Deal Analysis
5 News and Events
5.2 Company History
6.1 Research Methodology
6.2 Additional Notes
6.3 About WMI
List of Tables
Table 1: CarMax, Inc., Key Facts
Table 2: CarMax, Inc., Key Employees
Table 3: CarMax, Inc., Key Employee Biographies
Table 4: CarMax, Inc., Locations
Table 5: CarMax, Inc., Subsidiaries
Table 6: CarMax, Inc., SWOT Analysis
Table 7: CarMax, Inc., Financial Deals
Table 8: CarMax, Inc., History