• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Genomic Technologies: Market Insights for Life Science Suppliers
BioInformatics, LLC, November 2010
With recent milestone achievements and a sharp rise in new techniques, the field of genetic analysis has become one of the fastest growing areas of opportunity for life science suppliers. Disruptive technological breakthroughs such as next generation sequencing and sequencing the human genome have spawned a host of discoveries in fields like transcriptomics, metagenomics and gene regulation. Additionally, as the costs associated with genomic research go down, players are entering the market at a rapid rate.
Smart life science suppliers are moving quickly to respond to this changing market. In our November 2010 report, Genomic Technologies: Market Insights for Life Science Suppliers quantifies and characterizes the market for genetic analysis including those products use for genome-wide association studies (GWAS), copy number variation (CNV) analysis, genotyping and techniques such as microarrays, sequencing and real-time PCR.
For strategic planning purposes, the report includes average lab budgets for genetic analysis products and anticipated growth in FY2011, with specific breakdowns by geographic region and customer segment. In addition, the report estimates market share across different technologies (including microarrays, sequencing, real-time PCR etc.) and market share by major suppliers.
To assist with competitive benchmarking, study respondents are asked to indicate preferred brands and rank suppliers on multiple features (i.e., cost, data quality, ease-of-use, throughput etc.) This helps identify must-have features and unmet needs of current technologies, which illuminates gaps in individual vendor offerings and opportunities in the market as a whole. Additionally, the report delves deeper into microarray and sequencing workflows so that suppliers might better understand how researchers are employing genetic analysis instruments and consumables.
Genomic Technologies: Market Insights for Life Science Suppliers provides a roadmap for genetic analysis product suppliers to help navigate a landscape that is poised for change—and growth. This analysis was designed to guide suppliers in redirecting resources to new areas and markets, and to help refine current offerings by making them more responsive to scientists who are already engaged in the field of genetic analysis.
The purpose of this survey is to quantify and characterize the market for genetic analysis products, including those for genome-wide association studies (GWAS), copy number variation (CNV) analysis, genotyping, and techniques such as microarrays, sequencing and real-time PCR. Towards this end, the following objectives will be met:
- Estimate average laboratories budget for genetic analysis products and anticipated growth in FY2011 and FY2012 budgets by geographic region and customer segment.
- Generate a breakdown of estimated share of the genetic analysis product market by technology type (e.g., microarrays, FISH, microscopy, real-time PCR, etc.).
- Identify the major suppliers of genetic analysis products and estimate the share of the market.
- Identify those features of current genetic analysis technologies of greatest importance to investigators (e.g. speed, read-length, application flexibility, etc).
- Gauge satisfaction with current microarray and sequencing technologies.
- Additional understanding of microarray and sequencing workflows (e.g., types of analysis performed, systems owned and used, and where they conduct the analysis).
A sample for this product is available. Please Login/Register to download this sample.