The Impact of Generics on Pharmaceutical Growth Opportunities - A Growing Threat that Offers Future Opportunities
- Language: English
- 53 Pages
- Published: October 2011
- Region: Global
With a variety of factors impacting pharmaceutical growth in the traditional markets (the US, 5EU and Japan) – price controls, moves towards generics, healthcare reform, market saturation – the emerging markets (EMs) hold increasing potential to drive future product sales and overall company revenues.
The different situations which exist within each emerging market offer a wide variety of opportunities along with their own set of accompanying challenges. In order to best break in and position themselves within the various emerging markets, pharmaceutical companies are employing several different strategies. These strategies include: sales force growth, tiered pricing, generics, acquisitions/partnerships and an urban vs. rural focus.
The Emerging Markets Strategies report assesses why companies are looking outside of the traditional markets for company growth, the overall potential within the EMs, and the various strategies that are used to accomplish their long term goals. Additionally, CBR Pharma Insights looks at the opportunities and challenges which exist in the major, and the up & coming, emerging markets.
Reasons to Purchase
- Use this report to identify the key entry strategies that are most appropriate for the different emerging markets
- Navigate the potential pitfalls that exist within the major emerging markets
- Pinpoint which of the newer emerging markets might be the most appropriate for your organization to target and which hold the potential for long term growth
- Compare and assess the efforts of other pharmaceutical companies in their expansion into new markets
- Understand the factors that are driving pharmaceutical companies to explore emerging markets
- Utilize extremely user-friendly, insight driven content to support key projects, presentations, and decisions within your organization SHOW LESS READ MORE >
Why the Drive to Emerging Markets?
- Factors Slowing Growth in Traditional Markets
- The Potential in Emerging Markets
Strategies for Expansion in the Emerging Markets
- Sales Force Growth
- Tiered Pricing
- Urban v Rural Focus
Potential and Pitfalls in the Major Emerging Markets
Outlook for the Emerging Markets – Where to Next?
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea