• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Fiber Optic Sensors
Frost & Sullivan, June 2010, Pages: 75
This research service analyzes the existing and emerging trends with respect to fiber optic sensors market. There is also an analysis of the key application sectors that is driving the industry as well the emerging sectors.
This Frost & Sullivan research service titled Fiber Optic Sensors provides detailed insights into the technology and the market trends for fiber optic sensors and reviews the existing as well as the emerging trends. This research service also evaluates the factors that impact the wider adoption of fiber optic sensors by various application sectors, along with an analysis of patent trends.
This analysis is available through our Technical Insights program. With this program, clients receive industry-leading market research along with comprehensive, objective information that allows your company to mitigate risk, identify new opportunities, and drive effective strategies for growth.
Fiber Optic Sensors to be the Preferred Choice for Applications Requiring Sophisticated Sensing Devices
Application sectors requiring sophisticated sensing devices are gradually switching to more efficient sensing devices to avoid major outbreaks, thereby stepping up the demand for fiber optic sensors. Additionally, strategic partnerships among participants across various industries, along with university researches and funding activities, play a vital role in achieving wider implementation of these sensors. “The adoption of fiber optic sensors is expected to experience rapid growth in the next five years due to the various initiatives being taken by the market participants,” notes the analyst of this research. “A number of research initiatives and efforts to achieve standardization are further driving the fiber optic sensors market.” Fiber optic sensors facilitate the detection of several critical issues well before the actual outbreak, avoiding huge repair and damage expenditure and ensuring workers’ safety. They also meet application-specific demands, which are not as efficiently satisfied by conventional electronic sensors.
However, high cost of fiber optic sensor when compared to that of conventional electronic sensor poses a challenge for participants in ensuring its extensive adoption. Utilization of fiber optic sensors by conservative markets also affects their widespread adoption. The cost is likely to reduce with increased awareness and a consequent rise in demand for fiber optic sensors from various application sectors. Extensive testing results and history of successful deployment cases are expected to enhance their adoption rate in conservative markets.
“Strategic partnerships by participants from various application sectors with the companies in the field of fiber optic sensors will aid in new market penetration,” explains the analyst. “Furthermore, there are a number of innovative products and technologies being developed by start-ups which are expected to propel the growth in this market.” In addition to these initiatives, it is essential to ensure the reliability, accuracy, and longevity of products to achieve wider adoption of fiber optic sensors across various application sectors. There is also a significant need for standardization that is expected to permit the usage of a specific set of solutions based on certain predefined standards by all participants involved in the manufacture of these sensors.
- 1. Executive Summary
- 1.1 Research Methodology and Scope
- - a. Research Scope
- - b. Research Methodology
- 1.2 Key Findings and Industry Trends
- - a. Key Findings
- - b. Industry Overview
- 2. Technology Snapshot and Trends
- 2.1 Technology Capability
- - a. Fiber Optic Materials
- - b. Optical Fiber Structure--Photonic Crystal Fiber
- 2.2 Classification of Fiber Optic Sensors
- - a. Classification--I
- - b. Classification—II
- 3. Trend Analysis; Drivers and Challenges
- 3.1 Trend Analysis
- - a. Industry and University Level Initiatives
- - b. Partnerships and Key Projects
- - c. Emerging Trends
- 3.2 Business Accelerators and Challenges
- - a. Growth Drivers
- - b. Industry Challenge
- 4. Opportunity Evaluation and Road Mapping
- 4.1 Applications Overview
- - a. Application Sectors for Fiber Optic Sensors--I
- - b. Application Sectors for Fiber Optic Sensors—II
- 4.2 Demand Side Analysis and Application Roadmapping
- - a. Demand Side Analysis
- - b. Application Roadmap
- 5. Patents and Key Contacts
- 5.1 Patent Analysis
- - a. Patents--I
- - b. Patents--II
- 5.2 Key Contacts
- - a. Industry Participants
- - b. University Contacts
6. Decision Support Database
- 6.1 Decision Support Database Tables
- - a. Electricity Generation from Oil--World (2004 to 2014)
- - b. New Construction Value by Usage Type--USA (2005 to 2015)
- - c. Total Military Aircraft--World (2004 to 2014)
- - d. Number of Commercial Aircraft in Service--World (2004 to 2014)
- - e. Total Healthcare Expenditure--World (2004 to 2014)
A sample for this product is available. Please Login/Register to download this sample.