- Language: English
- Published: June 2012
Ensure Service Delivery with Systems Management
- ID: 1409357
- October 2010
- Info-Tech Research Group
Dump the bottom-up approach to systems management, and manage services for success.
- Systems management plays a critical role in service delivery, but many enterprises either don’t do it or take a bottom-up technical approach.
- Failing to take a service approach to systems management leaves IT exposed to service delivery failures and potential finger pointing when the technical staff try to isolate an issue.
- This solution set will help you assess your current systems management environment, business needs, and create a plan to move to service-centric systems management.
- A solid systems management strategy can deliver on service availability, performance and capacity business needs if approached from the top down rather than as a technologist's tool.
- Service-focused systems management tools can take the burden off IT and move it to business stakeholders, empowering them to manage delivery without crossing swords with the technologists.
Impact and Result
- Improve service delivery by sharpening your systems management strategy.
- Save money by taking a top-down service delivery approach to systems management tools and only buy those you need.
- Identify capacity needs at the right time to meet business needs, and avoid over-investing in capacity.
Get to Action
1. Ensure service delivery with systems management.
Obtain reliable systems operation and performance.
- Storyboard: Ensure Service Delivery with Systems Management
2. Assess systems management needs.
Close gaps in service reliability and performance.
- Systems Management Strategy Assessment Tool
- Storyboard: Ensure Service Delivery with Systems Management (Powerpoint)
- Systems Management Strategy Assessment Tool (Excel)
What you receive:
*Storyboard: Ensure Service Delivery with Systems Management
IT leaders need to wring all they can out of their staff and systems, Info-Tech's business focused systems management offers a significant opportunity to:
- Reorient IT thinking by breaking out of silos, and embracing systems management.
- Create a minimum of documentation and process.
- Select and implement the right systems management tools with minimal effort.
- Make implementation of systems management easier.
- Build-in continuous improvement.
Following the authors lead on systems management will result in up to 50% improvement in availability and performance while saving IT from unnecessary implementation work.
*Systems Management Strategy Assessment Tool
IT organizations must prioritize their systems management efforts to maximize results with the resources available. The authors have created a tool to aid in assessing an organization’s systems management needs. Answers to a few simple questions will provide feedback and guidance for:
- Tools and monitoring
- Key performance indicators(KPI)
Improve your service delivery with a minimum of grief using a systems management strategy right for your enterprise. For best results, assess, act, measure, and annually repeat this systems management strategy exercise.