• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Contracts Law 101 for Business Development Executives - What to Know Before Signing Your Next Contract, Deal or Partnership That Will Help You Get the Best Terms Possible
ExecSense, September 2010, Minutes: 60
In Contracts Law 101 for Business Development Executives, ExecSense covers the fundamental principles of contracts law, as well as tips and techniques for negotiating contract terms most often dealt with by business development executives. Take the 60 minutes to view this webinar (on your computer, mobile phone, iPod, iPad, Kindle or printed out) to update your knowledge on the basics of contracts law, get the best terms possible for your company when negotiating a contract/deal/partnership, and be more-informed on the legal ramifications of specific parts of a contract when discussing terms with your team, CEO, lawyers and other professionals.
Upon ordering, ExecSense will email you a link to download the webinar files for viewing on your computer, mobile phone, iPod, iPad, Kindle or printed out. The downloaded files will include the PowerPoint presentation, audio narration and jpeg images of the slides (for watching on your mobile media device). Take advantage of your next commute, flight, business trip, lunch, or free hour in your schedule to view this webinar.
The webinar is led by an expert at teaching business development executives the basics of contracts law and how to apply that knowledge to the deals and partnerships that they regularly negotiate and sign, Peter Welch (President, CCFox), and focuses on:
- Everything you need to know in 60 minutes about the basic principles of contracts law and how understanding these fundamental concepts will give you an edge when you are negotiating contracts/deals/partnerships with partners, vendors, customers/clients, employees and other parties in your role as a business development executive
- A comprehensive examination of the basic contracts law principles most relevant to business development executives, including the requirements for forming a valid contract (offer, acceptance, consideration), standard contract interpretation principles (including the parol evidence rule for written contracts), when a contract should be voided because of nondisclosure, duress, or other intervening events, the effect of misrepresentation, how a contract can be terminated, and remedies/damages available in the event of breach (including a nonbreaching party’s duty to mitigate damages)
- Practical advice on how to draw on your knowledge of contracts law to give you an edge when you are negotiating deals and partnerships and to help you make sure that your contract contains the best terms possible for your company (such as expressly providing for remedies in the event of breach which would not otherwise be available under basic contract law)
- The 10 questions most asked by business development executives about how understanding fundamental contracts law principles will help them better negotiate and evaluate the legal ramifications of the deals and partnerships that they are involved with on a regular basis
- Case studies of how other business development executives have used their knowledge of contracts law to their advantage in contract/deal/partnership negotiations, and important lessons learned from business development executives who mistakenly signed contracts or agreed to terms they should not have because of a failure to understand how the contract would be enforced by the courts
Praise for ExecSense Webinars:
“Well organized, well articulated, and easy to follow. The ExecSense webinar I attended was the best virtual learning experience I've had in quite some time.” – Brian K. Moore, HR Communications, Humana
“Dynamic, up-to-date resource...” – Tina Ferguson, CEO of Rapid Success Partners
“ExecSense webinars are convenient and on-point…an intelligent discussion on a very relevant subject.” – Meghan Wulff, Focus Management Group