- Published: September 2014
The Instant Impact of Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. v. Tabari (9th Cir. July 8, 2010) on the Nominative Fair Use Doctrine and Domain Names
- Published: September 2010
- Region: United States
- 60 Minutes
“The Instant Impact of Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. v. Tabari (9th Cir. July 8, 2010) on the Nominative Fair Use Doctrine and Domain Names” is a time efficient way to be in-the-know on the most up to date facts and ramifications of this case and take proactive steps on behalf of current and prospective clients it could impact the most. Take the 60 minutes to view this webinar (on your computer, mobile phone, iPod, iPad, Kindle or printed out) to make sure you have answers ready to key questions you are sure to be asked on the immediate ramifications of this decision by colleagues, clients and other professionals with whom you discuss the case, as the Ninth Circuit provides significant guidance on the application of the nominative fair use doctrine to domain names that incorporate trademarks.
Upon ordering, ExecSense will email you a link to download the webinar files for viewing on your computer, mobile phone, iPod, iPad, Kindle or printed out. The downloaded files will include the PowerPoint presentation, audio narration and jpeg images of the slides (for watching on your mobile media device). Take advantage of your next commute, flight, business trip, lunch, or free hour in your schedule to view this webinar.
The webinar is led by an expert on the ramifications of this case and trademark law, and focuses on:
- Everything you need to know in 60 minutes about the impact of the Ninth Circuit’s decision on the nominative fair use doctrine and domain names
- Perspective on the impact of the Ninth Circuit’s decision on the manner in which future courts analyze the applicability of the nominative fair use doctrine to domain names that incorporate trademarks owned by resellers or other legitimate members of the distribution chain, what types of domain names incorporating trademarks will fall under the nominative fair use doctrine, and what it all means for big-brand trademark owners
- The 10 questions being asked the most by IP lawyers and their clients with respect to how this decision will impact them and what proactive steps they should be taking
- Case studies of what other IP lawyers are doing for their clients, now and in the future, based on this ruling
Praise for ExecSense Webinars:
"An expeditious way to obtain authoritative current information and ideas on a subject of interest." – David Kera, Partner, Oblon Spivak
"Just in time information to improve knowledge of current topics and trends.” – Thomas M. Armstrong, Attorney, Reid and Riege
“Well organized, well articulated, and easy to follow. The ExecSense webinar I attended was the best virtual learning experience I've had in quite some time.” – Brian K. Moore, HR Communications, Humana SHOW LESS READ MORE >