• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Labor & Employment Law 101 for Business Executives: Important Changes and Updates for 2011 Regarding Best Practices for Hiring, Firing, Handling Discrimination, Harassment & More
ExecSense, November 2010, Minutes: 60
In Labor & Employment Law 101 for Business Executives, ExecSense covers the fundamental principles of labor and employment law as well as tips and techniques for handling employee issues most often dealt with by business executives. Take the 60 minutes to view this webinar (on your computer, mobile phone, iPod, iPad, Kindle or printed out) to update your knowledge on the basics of labor and employment laws for 2011, understand new laws that impact the way you hire and fire employees, and be more-informed on the legal ramifications of labor and employee law related issues when discussing such issues with your colleagues.
Upon ordering, ExecSense will email you a link to download the webinar files for viewing on your computer, mobile phone, iPod, iPad, Kindle or printed out. The downloaded files will include the PowerPoint presentation, audio narration and jpeg images of the slides (for watching on your mobile media device). Take advantage of your next commute, flight, business trip, lunch, or free hour in your schedule to view this webinar.
The webinar is led by an expert on the most important labor and employment law issues that will impact business executives in 2011, and focuses on:
- Everything you need to know in 60 minutes about labor and employment law, including important changes and updates for 2011 that will impact how you hire and fire employees, handle complaints for issues such as sexual harassment, and much more
- A comprehensive examination of the employment law principles and concepts most relevant to business executives for 2011, including new-hire reporting requirements, how to fire employees in 2011 to mitigate the changes for litigation, how to implement non-discrimination and harassment policies, how to maintain employee privacy, how to conduct background checks, and a review of the federal laws that significantly impact business executives (e.g. FLSA, Equal Pay Act, Title VII, ADEA, OSHA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA)
- The most significant employment law issues and incidents that have impacted other companies and business executives in 2010 that you need to know about for 2011
- The 10 questions business executives need to be ready to answer regarding updates and changes to employment laws from their colleagues and direct-reports at their company
- Case studies of how other business executives have used their knowledge of labor and employment law to their advantage and important lessons learned that you and your company should be aware of for the upcoming year
Praise for ExecSense Webinars:
“Well organized, well articulated, and easy to follow. The ExecSense webinar I attended was the best virtual learning experience I've had in quite some time.” – Brian K. Moore, HR Communications, Humana
“Dynamic, up-to-date resource...” – Tina Ferguson, CEO of Rapid Success Partners
“ExecSense webinars are convenient and on-point…an intelligent discussion on a very relevant subject.” – Meghan Wulff, Focus Management Group