• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
What Consumers Want: Mortgages and Personal Loans in Spain 2010
Datamonitor, November 2010, Pages: 51
Meeting demand for clear answers to important industry questions, the What Consumers Want series provides country specific data, set against a global backdrop.
Features and benefits
- The slide pack provides country specific primary data across the mortgage and personal lending markets.
- The slide pack answers a number of questions on consumer behaviour including product holding and consumer motivation.
- The pack also presents analysis across income and age groups to strengthen and deepen insight.
- The 35 to 49 age group has the highest holding of mortgages in Spain with 54% of this age group having a mortgage. Mortgage holding across the age bands reflects the global pattern with the lowest holding in the youngest age band and highest in the middle age band.
- The majority of mortgages in Spain are opened in a bank branch. 86% of mortgages are opened through this channel. This is significantly higher than the 55% of consumers globally who use the branch channel.
- 38% of consumers on Spain use their personal loan to buy a car while 28% use the loan to consolidate other debts. The use of a loan to buy a car is higher than the global average, but the use of the money to consolidate debts is in line with consumers globally.
Your key questions answered
- This slide pack provides data essential for FS providers wishing to best position their product propositions given consumer attitudes and behaviours.
- Primary data is used to independently profile consumers against global peers, whilst providing insight into demographic and income variations.
What does this data provide?
Total Cards market: analysis
Total Cards product holding
Cards - channel of opening: analysis
Channel of opening: Cards - total market
Cards - Motivation for account choice: analysis
Motivation for account choice: Cards – total market
Motivation for account choice: Cards – by age
Motivation for account choice: Cards – by income
Motivation for account choice: Cards – Top ten competitors
Important attributes for a Cards provider: analysis
Top features for each Card by competitor
Card type by competitor
Card payment options: analysis
Card payment options by competitor
Value of last bill by competitor
Nature of last payment by competitor