- Published: March 2012
- Region: India
The Changing Landscape of the Make-up Market in India
- Published: September 2010
- Region: India
- 44 pages
This brief is based on the trends observed in the make-up industry and the beauty solutions sought by consumers. This examination of the category and consumer trends should enable the NPD teams in FMCG companies in India to conceptualize new products. The marketers could use this to reassess their focus on segments, to carve a new positioning or target emerging demographics more effectively.
Features and benefits
- Insights into the changes that are affecting the makeup market in India
- Key focus areas of development within the category that marketers can explore.
- Detailed product launch trend analysis to help assess the current product landscape
- Comprehensive analysis of consumer attitudes and priorities towards make-up usage
- A convenient presentation based format, giving concise, focused analytical outputs
- The Indian make-up market has grown, as has brand awareness among consumers. However, the make-up consumer base for most product segments has not expanded significantly outside of urban populations.
- Indian consumers seek convenience and value propositions that meet their exacting requirements. They are willing to experiment, yet tend to stick to a brand that works well for them.
- Innovation is the key to staying relevant in the current market place. Ingredients are emerging as the key differentiators, and ‘exoticization’ at the top-end and traditional Ayurveda (alternative therapy) credentials at the mass-end are driving consumer considerations.
Your key questions answered
- How large is the market opportunity for make-up in India?
- What are the key drivers behind Indian consumers’ make-up purchases?
- What are the marketing strategies employed by the make-up market player?
- What is the nature and connotation of make-up usage?
- Who is consuming make-up in India and how? SHOW LESS READ MORE >