- Recording or reproducing by optical means;
- Record carriers;
- Digital recording or reproducing with compensation for surface irregularities;
- Kerr effect reproducing;
- Record carriers characterised by the selection of the material or by the structure or form;
- Error detection or correction & testing
- Disposition or mounting of heads relative to record carriers;
- Structure or manufacture of heads;
- Track change, selection, or acquisition by displacement of the head.
- Recent trends and patenting growth patterns.
2. Technology Overview.
- Organization of patented inventions into broad and specific technology fields, based on the International Patent Classification system
3. Competitive Intelligence
- Major patenting players.
- Top inventors .
- Key attorneys agents or attorney firms representing innovators.
4. Appendix A
- Tabulation of all data used in the report.
- Patenting activity for the last 20 years timeframe.
- Listing of top 100 players, inventors and agents.
- List of references.