United States (USA) Online Retail, E-Retail, E-Tailing Market & Forecast - By Merchandise, Payment Method, & 22 Companies Analysis to 2017
- Language: English
- 178 Pages
- Published: July 2013
- Region: United States
This report studies the two main aspects of the population in relation to the use of the Internet for purchasing goods and services:
- Who has access to the Internet.
- Who uses the Internet for Online Shopping.
The purpose of the Report is to provide a detailed view of the current population of Internet Shoppers:
- Who they are;
- What identifies them amongst the population as a whole;
- How their numbers have progressed over the last two years;
- What are the differences between those who shop for Groceries and those who shop for all other goods and services.
The trend charts are based on the period from January 2008 to June 2010, and are constructed as three month rolling averages, each data point being the average figure for the three months to that point. The number of face to face interviews conducted during this period is 209,876, at an average of over 20,000 interviews per three month period.
The profile charts are primarily based on the second quarter of 2010 - April to June inclusive – based on 20,557 face to face interviews. Where comparisons are made to previous ‘second quarters', the interview totals are 2008 20,747, and 2009 20,253 interviews.
- Report Introduction + Description of Content
SECTION 1: TRENDS IN INTERNET ACCESS, ONLINE SHOPPING AND COMPUTER OWNERSHIP
SECTION 2: INTERNET ACCESS
- Chart Group 1 Frequency, Type, Method, History and Uses Q2 Comparisons ‘08, ‘09, ‘10
- Chart Group 2 Demographic Profiles Comparison to Population
- Chart Group 3 Profile Comparisons Q2 2008, 2009, 2010
SECTION 3: ONLINE SHOPPING – Access Comparison of Online Shoppers to All with Internet Access
- Chart Group 1 Access Frequency, Type, Method and History
- Chart Group 2 Demographic Profile Comparisons Online Shoppers to Population
- Chart Group 3 Demographic Profiles Comparisons Q2 2008, 2009, 2010
- Chart Group 4 Demographic Profile Comparisons Online Grocery Shoppers to Other Online Shoppers
- Chart Group 5 Comparison of Other Internet Uses by Online Shoppers to All Users
SECTION 5: METHODOLOGY AND BACKGROUND