• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
SMA Solar Technology AG (S92) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
GlobalData, August 2011, Pages: 42
SMA Solar Technology AG (S92) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
SMA Solar Technology AG (SMA) is a Germany-based solar equipment manufacturing company. SMA develops, produces, and sells solar inverters and monitoring systems for photovoltaic applications. The company’s product line includes solar and wind inverters, backup systems, energy management software and energy monitoring systems. The company has a production capacity of 4 GW of PV inverters SMA offers various services ranging from installation and commissioning to product support. SMA has operates across the world covering four continents, namely, Europe, North America, Middle-East and Asia. The company has operations in 15 countries through 17 subsidiaries and 66 service stations. SMA is headquartered in Neistetal, Germany.
SMA Solar Technology AG Key Recent Developments…
Jul 18, 2011 Ex-Im Bank Announces $16m Loan To Support First Solar Exports To Azure Solar Power Project In India
Jul 12, 2011 Phoenix Solar Announces Its Selection By solarcomplex To Build 4.7 MW Solar Park In Bodman-Ludwigshafen, Germany
May 17, 2011 SMA Solar Elects Pierre-Pascal Urbon As New CEO
Apr 29, 2011 Samsung C&T And SMA Solar Partner To Build Industrial-Size Solar Inverters
Feb 23, 2011 Energiebau Installs On-Roof Solar-Power System For UNEP In Kenya
This comprehensive SWOT profile of SMA Solar Technology AG provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
SMA Solar Technology AG - Key Facts
SMA Solar Technology AG - Key Employees
SMA Solar Technology AG - Key Employee Biographies
SMA Solar Technology AG - Major Products and Services
SMA Solar Technology AG - History
SMA Solar Technology AG - Company Statement
SMA Solar Technology AG - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
SMA Solar Technology AG - Business Description
SMA Solar Technology AG - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
SMA Solar Technology AG - Strengths
Strength - Broad Product, Brand and Service Offerings
Strength - Geographical Diversity
Strength - Extensive Research and Development Effort
Strength - Strong Financial Performance
Weakness - Increasing Trade Receivables
Opportunity - New Expansion Plans
Opportunity - German Renewable Energy Market
Opportunity - Positive Outlook for Solar PV Market
Opportunity - Focus on Emerging Markets: China and India
Threat - Change in Government Support
Threat - Competitive Landscape
Threat - Vulnerability of Intellectual Property
Threat - Increasing Input Costs
SMA Solar Technology AG - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Company’s Power Financial Deals and Alliances
SMA Solar Technology AG, Power, Deals By Year, 2005 to YTD 2011
SMA Solar Technology AG, Power, Deals By Type, 2005 to YTD 2011
SMA Solar Technology AG, Clean Technology, Deals By Year, 2005 to YTD 2011
SMA Solar Technology AG, Clean Technology, Deals By Type, 2005 to YTD 2011
SMA Solar Technology AG, Recent Deals Summary
Section 5 – Company’s Recent Developments
Jul 18, 2011: Ex-Im Bank Announces $16m Loan To Support First Solar Exports To Azure Solar Power Project In India
Jul 12, 2011: Phoenix Solar Announces Its Selection By solarcomplex To Build 4.7 MW Solar Park In Bodman-Ludwigshafen, Germany
May 17, 2011: SMA Solar Elects Pierre-Pascal Urbon As New CEO
Apr 29, 2011: Samsung C&T And SMA Solar Partner To Build Industrial-Size Solar Inverters
Feb 23, 2011: Energiebau Installs On-Roof Solar-Power System For UNEP In Kenya
Dec 20, 2010: Phoenix Solar To Build Solar Carport On Behalf Of CIC In Italy
Dec 08, 2010: SMA Solar Receives BDEW Certification For Two Inverters
Nov 30, 2010: SunEnergy Europe's Lobnitz Solar Park In Germany Nears Completion
Nov 15, 2010: Sinosol Supplies Solar Components For 20MW Solar Power Plant In Krim Region In Ukraine
Nov 12, 2010: SMA Solar Reports Sales Of EUR626.7 Million In Q3 2010
Section 6 – Appendix
Sharp Electronics Corporation
Schneider Electric SA
Schuco International KG