• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. (4183) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
GlobalData, June 2011, Pages: 32
Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. (4183) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. (Mitsui Chemicals) is engaged in manufacturing and marketing a wide variety of chemicals. The company operates its business through six reportable business segments, namely, Petrochemicals, Basic Chemicals, Polyurethane, Functional Polymeric Materials, Fabricated Products, and Functional Chemicals. In Petrochemicals segment, the company manufactures and sells petrochemical feed stocks, polyethylene, and polypropylene. Through Basic Chemicals segment, the company provides, purified terephthalic acid (PTA), PET resin, and industrial chemicals. Under Polyurethane segment, the company develops, manufactures and sells polyurethane materials, coatings, and engineering materials. In Functional Polymeric Materials segment, the company offers, elastomer, performance compounds, and performance polymer products. Through Fabricated Products Business segment, the company provides, film/sheets and non woven fabrics. Under Functional Chemicals Business segment, the company offers products such as, agrochemicals, catalysts, and medical materials, such as high strength, easily used lens materials for glasses, pesticides, disinfectants, and herbicides designed to help stabilize agricultural production. The company through its subsidiary Mitsui Chemicals Fabro, Inc. manufactures encapsulating materials for solar modules. The company is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.
Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. Key Recent Developments…
May 13, 2011 MCI Updates On Kashima Operations
May 11, 2011 MCI Reports Net Income Of JPY25 Billion For Fiscal 2011
May 06, 2011 Idemitsu And Partners In Discussion On Vietnam's Nghi Son Refinery Project Investment
Mar 11, 2011 Maruzen Petrochemical Shuts Two Naphtha Crackers At Chiba After Earthquake
Jan 17, 2011 MCI Restarts Naphtha Cracker At Chiba Plant
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. - Key Facts
Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. - Key Employees
Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. - Major Products and Services
Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. - History
Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. - Company Statement
Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. - Business Description
Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. - Strengths
Strength - Extensive Product Range
Strength - Wide Geographical Base
Strength - Steady Research and development Activities
Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. - Weaknesses
Weakness - Limited Liquidity Position
Weakness - Declining Market Share in Sector
Weakness - Limited Operating Margin
Weakness - Low Return on Equity
Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. - Opportunities
Opportunity - Emerging markets
Opportunity - Strategic Alliance.
Opportunity - Growing Demand for Resorcinol
Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. - Threats
Threat - Fierce Competition
Threat - Concerns of Economic Recession
Threat - Risk of Overcapacity in the Asia-Pacific Region
Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Company’s, Oil & Gas, Lifesciences Financial Deals and Alliances
Mitsui Chemicals, Inc., Petrochemicals, Deals By Year, 2005 to YTD 2011
Mitsui Chemicals, Inc., Petrochemicals, Deals By Type, 2005 to YTD 2011
Mitsui Chemicals, Inc., Recent Deals Summary
Section 5 – Company’s Recent Developments
May 13, 2011: MCI Updates On Kashima Operations
May 11, 2011: MCI Reports Net Income Of JPY25 Billion For Fiscal 2011
May 06, 2011: Idemitsu And Partners In Discussion On Vietnam's Nghi Son Refinery Project Investment
Mar 11, 2011: Maruzen Petrochemical Shuts Two Naphtha Crackers At Chiba After Earthquake
Jan 17, 2011: MCI Restarts Naphtha Cracker At Chiba Plant
Jan 11, 2011: Samsung Engineering Signs EPC Contract With Dow-Mitsui For Chlor-Alkali Plant
Jan 07, 2011: MCI To Shut Naphtha Cracker At Chiba Plant For Maintenance
Nov 12, 2010: MCI Announces Naphtha Cracker Maintenance In 2011
Nov 02, 2010: MCI Reports Net Income Of JPY17.1 Billion In Q2 Fiscal 2011
Oct 05, 2010: MCI Enters Into Agreement With Honam To Build Propylene Catalyst Plant In South Korea
Section 6 – Appendix
Showa Shell Sekiyu K.K.
SANYO Electric Co., Ltd.
CHOFU SEISAKUSHO CO., LTD.
Showa Denko K.K.
Ube Industries, Ltd.
Nippon Soda Co., Ltd.
Sumitomo Chemical Company, Limited