• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
GenCorp Inc. (GY) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
GlobalData, February 2013, Pages: 25
GenCorp Inc. (GenCorp) is a technology-based manufacturing company, undertaking activities related to manufacture of aerospace and defense products and systems which include liquid, solid, and air-breathing propulsion systems, components for precision armament systems, specialty metal products, tactical weapon components and liquid engines and solid motors. The company operates through two segments, namely, Aerospace and Defense segment which develops and manufactures defense systems; and Real Estate segment which specializes in rezoning, sales and leasing of real estate assets. It mainly operates in the US.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of GenCorp Inc. provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
GenCorp Inc. - Key Facts
GenCorp Inc. - Key Employees
GenCorp Inc. - Key Employee Biographies
GenCorp Inc. - Major Products and Services
GenCorp Inc. - History
GenCorp Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
GenCorp Inc. - Business Description
GenCorp Inc. - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
GenCorp Inc. - Strengths
Strength - Integrated Network of Operations
Strength - Focused Research and Development Activities
Strength - Strong Asset Base
GenCorp Inc. - Weaknesses
Weakness - Increasing Accounts Receivable
Weakness - Dependence on Government Projects
GenCorp Inc. - Opportunities
Opportunity - Growing Opportunities in Asian Markets
Opportunity - New Business Initiatives
GenCorp Inc. - Threats
Threat - Rapid Technological Change
Threat - Increasing Competitive Pressure
Threat - Environmental Regulation
GenCorp Inc. - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Appendix
List of Tables
GenCorp Inc., Key Facts
GenCorp Inc., Key Employees
GenCorp Inc., Key Employee Biographies
GenCorp Inc., Major Products and Services
GenCorp Inc., History
GenCorp Inc., Subsidiaries
GenCorp Inc., Key Competitors
GenCorp Inc., Ratios based on current share price
GenCorp Inc., Annual Ratios
GenCorp Inc., Interim Ratios
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
GenCorp Inc., Performance Chart (2008 - 2012)
GenCorp Inc., Ratio Charts
Hi-Shear Technology Corporation
Alliant Techsystems Inc.
Northrop Grumman Corporation
United Technologies Corporation
American Pacific Corporation