Non-Life Insurance in South Korea, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: New Risk-Based Capital Solvency Regime to Improve the Financial Stability of Insurers
- Language: English
- Published: January 2012
- Region: South Korea
LIG Insurance Company Ltd. (002550) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
LIG Insurance Company Ltd. (LIG Insurance) is specialized in the non-life insurance. The company principally engaged in providing commercial insurance, automobile insurance and long-term insurance to the individuals and corporates. In addition, LIG Insurance offers claims services which include emergency dispatch service, one stop claims solutions and 4-stage safe calling service. It has an extensive business network comprising of five corporate business division, eight regional headquarters, seven customer support centers and nine claims service centers throughout Korea. LIG Insurance has been rated as grade A-(Excellent) by A.M. Best for delivering a diverse range of competitive products. LIG Insurance is headquartered at Seoul, Korea.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of LIG Insurance Company Ltd. provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
LIG Insurance Company Ltd., SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History, Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts SHOW LESS READ MORE >
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
LIG Insurance Company Ltd. - Key Facts
LIG Insurance Company Ltd. - Key Employees
LIG Insurance Company Ltd. - Major Products and Services
LIG Insurance Company Ltd. - History
LIG Insurance Company Ltd. - Company Statement
LIG Insurance Company Ltd. - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
LIG Insurance Company Ltd. - Business Description
LIG Insurance Company Ltd. - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
LIG Insurance Company Ltd. - Strengths
Strength - Capital Adequacy
Strength - Business Portfolio
LIG Insurance Company Ltd. - Weaknesses
Weakness - High Combined Ratio
Weakness - Declining Operational Efficiency
LIG Insurance Company Ltd. - Opportunities
Opportunity - New Sales Channels
Opportunity - Business Diversification
LIG Insurance Company Ltd. - Threats
Threat - Intense Competition
Threat - Fluctuations in Interest Rates
LIG Insurance Company Ltd. - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Appendix
List of Tables
LIG Insurance Company Ltd., Key Facts
LIG Insurance Company Ltd., Key Employees
LIG Insurance Company Ltd., Major Products and Services
LIG Insurance Company Ltd., History
LIG Insurance Company Ltd., Other Locations
LIG Insurance Company Ltd., Subsidiaries
LIG Insurance Company Ltd., Key Competitors
LIG Insurance Company Ltd., Ratios based on current share price
LIG Insurance Company Ltd., Annual Ratios
LIG Insurance Company Ltd., Interim Ratios
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
LIG Insurance Company Ltd., Performance Chart (2007 - 2011)
LIG Insurance Company Ltd., Ratio Charts
Hyundai Marine & Fire Insurance Co., Ltd.
Heungkuk Fire & Marine Insurance Co.,Ltd
Meritz Fire & Marine Insurance Co., Ltd.
Samsung Fire & Marine Insurance Co., Ltd.
Dongbu Insurance Co., Ltd.