- Language: English
- Published: December 2014
Visa Inc. (V) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ID: 1495236
- January 2013
- 32 pages
Visa Inc. (Visa) is a US based payments technology company, which operates one of the world's largest retail electronic payment networks. It facilitates the transfer of value and information within financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities, enabling global commerce. The company owns a range of payment brands, including Visa, Visa Electron, PLUS and Interlink, which are licensed to customers for use in the payment programs offered by Visa. It offers various choices to its customers such as pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. Visa is headquartered in California, the US.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Visa Inc. provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
Visa Inc. - Key Facts
Visa Inc. - Key Employees
Visa Inc. - Key Employee Biographies
Visa Inc. - Major Products and Services
Visa Inc. - History
Visa Inc. - Company Statement
Visa Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Visa Inc. - Business Description
Visa Inc. - Corporate Strategy
Visa Inc. - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Visa Inc. - Strengths
Strength - VisaNet: Technology Leadership
Strength - Extensive Product Portfolio
Strength - Wide Market Presence
Visa Inc. - Weaknesses
Weakness - Litigations
Weakness - Increased Operating Expense
Visa Inc. - Opportunities
Opportunity - Agreements and Alliances
Opportunity - Strategic Acquisitions
Opportunity - Growing Electronic Payments Market
Visa Inc. - Threats
Threat - Increased Regulations
Threat - Intense Competition
Threat - Consolidation in the Banking Industry
Visa Inc. - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Appendix
List of Tables
Visa Inc., Key Facts
Visa Inc., Key Employees
Visa Inc., Key Employee Biographies
Visa Inc., Major Products and Services
Visa Inc., History
Visa Inc., Subsidiaries
Visa Inc., Key Competitors
Visa Inc., Ratios based on current share price
Visa Inc., Annual Ratios
Visa Inc., Interim Ratios
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
Visa Inc., Performance Chart (2008 - 2012)
Visa Inc., Ratio Charts
Global Payments Inc.
First Data Corporation
Total System Services, Inc.
JCB Co., Ltd.
Diners Club International Ltd
Discover Financial Services
American Express Company