Bertelsmann AG (BTG4) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Bertelsmann AG (Bertelsmann) is a global media company engaged in Producing, serving and marketing the media by involving in creation, bundling, and distribution of media content. The company operates diverse businesses through five divisions, namely, RTL Group; Random House; Gruner+Jahr; Arvato; and Direct Group. RTL Group operates the TV and radio sector, while Random House is an international leading trade book publishing group. Gruner+Jahr is engaged in the printing and publishing business, while Arvato engages in providing media and communication services. The company’s Direct Group operates stores; media clubs; DVD clubs; and publishing and distribution companies. Geographically, the company operates through its subsidiaries spread across 50 countries worldwide employing about 102983 and more people. Bertelsmann is headquartered in Guetersloh, Germany.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Bertelsmann AG provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
Bertelsmann AG - Key Facts
Bertelsmann AG - Key Employees
Bertelsmann AG - Key Employee Biographies
Bertelsmann AG - Major Products and Services
Bertelsmann AG - History
Bertelsmann AG - Company Statement
Bertelsmann AG - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Bertelsmann AG - Business Description
Bertelsmann AG - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Bertelsmann AG - Strengths
Strength - Diverse Business Portfolio
Strength - Strong Distribution Channel
Strength - Extensive Global Presence
Bertelsmann AG - Weaknesses
Weakness - Decelerating Growth Ratios
Weakness - Declining Top-Line Performance
Bertelsmann AG - Opportunities
Opportunity - Strategic Growth Initiatives
Opportunity - Possible Ventures in Emerging Markets
Opportunity - Trends in E-Commerce
Opportunity - Growing Entertainment & Media Industry
Bertelsmann AG - Threats
Threat - Changing Viewer Preference
Threat - Increasing Online Theft in the US
Threat - Competitive Landscape
Threat - Stringent Regulatory Environment
Threat - Shift in Technology
Bertelsmann AG - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Bertelsmann AG, Recent Deals Summary
Section 4 – Appendix