• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
US Point of Use Coolers 2010
Zenith International, November 2010, Pages: 72
For 2010, Zenith has fully updated its 2008 edition of the US Point of Use (POU) Coolers Report to offer you the latest comprehensive market figures and in-depth analysis of the mains-fed water cooler industry in the United States.
Zenith's US Point of Use Coolers Report 2010 includes:
- Full market commentary
- POU and bottled water cooler growth and placement as of December 2009
- Overview of the activities of leading cooler operators
- Geographic penetration of POU
- Summary of recent mergers and acquisitions
- Water cooler services including pricing structure
- Analysis of cooler placement and competitive products
- External factors influencing the market
- Legislation affecting the cooler industry
- Cooler market forecasts to 2014
- Fully updated manufacturer and distributor profiles
Point of use has emerged as a key competitor to bottled water coolers, particularly in the commercial sector, offering American consumers a more convenient and many claim, a 'greener' and cheaper source of filtered water.
The success of the bottled water cooler market has provided the platform from which POU has been launched. Yet the US remains a challenging market, partly owing to its geography and sheer size, and partly due to the highly fragmented nature of the industry, with the vast majority of distributors holding just a few hundred POU units in total.
Nonetheless the industry has proved resilient in spite of the economic downturn, maintaining steady growth and further engraining itself as a worthy contender to bottled water coolers.
The US Point of Use Coolers Report 2010 is broken down into 3 main sections:
- A full market commentary providing in-depth analysis of trends.
- Comprehensive tables looking closely at the US market, covering -
- Bottled cooler and POU unit placements; leading manufacturers/suppliers/distributors; outlet segmentation; market indicators; revenue indicators; comparisons with West Europe and forecasts to 2014.
- Profiles of leading POU manufacturers and distributors. These profiles include: company category and full contact details; ownership; senior management; cumulative unit placements; POU product range; type of customer; manufacturer and brands distributed, as available; and full company commentary.
With Zenith International reports you can be assured of the most reliable market figures and clear insight. This comes from a bottom up approach to the research process, and detailed discussions undertaken with industry players.
SECTION 1 - MARKET ANALYSIS
US POU overview
Quantifying the POU market
History of POU in the US
Bottled water culture
Bottled water coolers
Tap water culture
POU cooler concept
Competitive forces: point of use vs bottled water coolers
Conversion from bottled water cooler to POU
Competition to POU
Geographic penetration of POU in the US
RO vs filtration
Counter-top vs floor-standing
Service and maintenance
Key market developments
Outlook to 2014
SECTION 2 - TABLES
US bottled water cooler and point of use market analysis, 2005-2009
US bottled water market, 2005-2009
Leading US point of use companies, 2007-2009
Leading US point of use manufacturers, 2007-2009
Leading US point of use suppliers, 2007-2009
US point of use distributors, 2007-2009
US and West European point of use characteristics, 2009
US and West European point of use revenue indicators, 2009
US point of use market forecast, 2010-2014
SECTION 3 - PROFILES
Zenith Report : October
© Zenith International Ltd
US Point of Use
SECTION 4 - APPENDICES
Definitions, Symbols, Abbreviations
A sample for this product is available. Please Login/Register to download this sample.