- Language: English
- Published: July 2013
- Region: Thailand
L'Oreal Luxury Brand Case Study: Serving the Post-Recessionary Affluent Market
- Published: December 2010
- Region: Global
- 19 Pages
After a drop in the global demand for luxury cosmetics following the recession, sales of luxury brands are now recovering. In 2010, L’Oreal reported its fastest pace of organic growth in three years -driven by accelerated sales of its luxury cosmetics brands. This case study examines how L’Oreal’s luxury brands have successfully responded to the changing demands of a “new” affluent consumer base.
Scope of the report:
- Achieve sales growth of luxury cosmetics brands by understanding how brand values of affluent consumers have changed post-recession.
- Enhance product credibility amongst consumers by learning from L’Oreal’s recent successes in the luxury cosmetics market.
- Gain a competitive edge in the luxury cosmetics market by uncovering the future direction of consumer, product and market trends.<
This research has identified the emergence of a “new” affluent consumer segment, which is using a more contemporary set of brand values (such as innovation and authenticity) to make luxury product choices.
Moving forward, the success of luxury brands will be determined by their ability to innovate and provide affluent consumers with a unique and bespoke brand experience.
Reasons to purchase:
- What opportunities does China hold for the future growth of luxury cosmetics brands?
- What luxury cosmetic products are currently satisfying affluent consumer needs?
- How can social media be used to raise the profile of luxury cosmetics brands?
- What are the future market opportunities for brands wanting to succeed in the luxury cosmetics space? SHOW LESS READ MORE >
Luxury products have emerged this year as "star performers" in the cosmetics and beauty industry
A resurgent demand for luxury cosmetics reflects a more optimistic consumer base
Sales of L’Oreal’s luxury brands were up nearly 10% in the first half of
Mass market brands have focused on upmarket products to boost sales
A new affluent consumer segment is serving to redefine the concept of luxury
Affluent consumers have replaced old brand values with new, contemporary ones
Luxury cosmetics brands now face the challenge of maintaining customer loyalty
L’Oreal's success in the luxury cosmetics business stems from its ability to adapt to the new face of affluence
L’Oreal’s investment in research and innovation has fueled the success of its luxury brands
L’Oreal is using social media to provide affluent consumers with the brand experience they are looking for
L’Oreal’s luxury products have tapped into consumers’ individualistic needs
Following L'Oreal's success, a plethora of brands are looking to capitalize on the luxury cosmetics market in
Shiseido will relaunch its luxury skincare range in January
Sephora will tap into the luxury beauty market through a joint venture with Grupo Axo
Conclusions and recommendations
Case study series
Ask the analyst